• State track meet June 1st. Good luck to all our athletes.
  • District baseball and softball games at CHS on 5/31.
  • Food trucks coming out on May 30th for the Maymester.
  • Exams are on June 3rd through the 6th.
  • June 6th, the last day of school, is a 1/2 day.
  • Are you signed up for summer school?
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Tyler Rundle not doing school work.
Staying focused and overcoming the last stretch of the school year
Connor Stevens, Staff Writer • May 29, 2024

The end of the school year is approaching quickly, and many students around Concord hope to finish the year strong with their academics. As we...

Seniors during the ceremony
Baseball: Senior Night
Riley Aiken, Staff Writer • May 28, 2024

The atmosphere was electric at Concord High School's baseball field as the community gathered to honor the senior players in their final home...

Softball: Senior Night
Softball: Senior Night
Jenell Alvarez, Staff Writer • May 24, 2024

On Thursday, May 24, the softball team played against Michigan Center. The girls cheered on their teammates, almost being heard from a mile away! Despite...

Baseball: Senior Night

Riley Aiken
Seniors during the ceremony

The atmosphere was electric at Concord High School’s baseball field as the community gathered to honor the senior players in their final home game of the season. The annual Senior Night, a tradition that celebrates the hard work and dedication of graduating players, was an emotional event, filled with memorable moments and heartfelt tributes.

Although the Yellowjackets fought with everything, the final score came out to 1-5. 

Family, friends, and classmates all arrived eager to show their support. The game began with a touching ceremony, during which each senior was introduced and accompanied by their parents. 

Senior pitcher Levi Raymond started on the mound, delivering an impressive performance that kept Dansville hitters on their toes. 

When being asked about how the game went, Raymond responded, “It was alright, we could’ve definitely played better.” He further explains, “I could’ve been more vocal as well as had some better pitches.”

Raymond provides insight to how he feels about the baseball season, “I’m happy with everything so far, all we can do now is make it far into the postseason.”

Levi Raymond pitching (Riley Aiken)

On the team as well is senior Carter Arbuckle. Arbuckle, stationed at first base, was a powerhouse on the field. Not only does he play first but also third as well as pitcher. Arbuckle explains his thoughts on the game, stating it was, “alright” and believes that he could’ve, “played better by putting the ball in play more and hitting better.”

Although there were things to improve upon, Arbuckle says, “I think we’re doing alright this season and we’re getting there.”

Carter Arbuckle at bat (Riley Aiken)

Another senior is Benjamin Reiniche. Reiniche was a driving force for his team and kept spirits up. Maintaining a positive attitude, Reiniche states, “The game went good; we saw a good pitcher and I had fun.” He further explains that, “Our team performed well, but we struggled to get the bats moving.” When asked how he could’ve improved, he says, “I could have taken my at-bats better, I was swinging at some rough pitches.”

Reiniche provides further insight on his thoughts on the season: “I’m happy with this season, and I’m planning on us going real deep in playoffs.”

As the seniors look ahead to their future endeavors, the impact of their contributions to Concord High School’s baseball program will be remembered for years to come.

The boys have their district match on May 31st at 2:30 p.m. at Concord High School.  Make sure to try and show up to support!