• State track meet June 1st. Good luck to all our athletes.
  • District baseball and softball games at CHS on 5/31.
  • Food trucks coming out on May 30th for the Maymester.
  • Exams are on June 3rd through the 6th.
  • June 6th, the last day of school, is a 1/2 day.
  • Are you signed up for summer school?
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Tyler Rundle not doing school work.
Staying focused and overcoming the last stretch of the school year
Connor Stevens, Staff Writer • May 29, 2024

The end of the school year is approaching quickly, and many students around Concord hope to finish the year strong with their academics. As we...

Seniors during the ceremony
Baseball: Senior Night
Riley Aiken, Staff Writer • May 28, 2024

The atmosphere was electric at Concord High School's baseball field as the community gathered to honor the senior players in their final home...

Softball: Senior Night
Softball: Senior Night
Jenell Alvarez, Staff Writer • May 24, 2024

On Thursday, May 24, the softball team played against Michigan Center. The girls cheered on their teammates, almost being heard from a mile away! Despite...

Swing for greatness: Concord softball sweeps Maple Valley

Concord Chronicle
Zoe Schultz, Cece Barrett, and Riley Adams having a good time in the dugout.

On Monday, April 29th, the Lady Jackets softball team hosted Maple Valley for a doubleheader of softball action. The Jackets not only had two huge wins, but they also had many spectacular plays that were the key factor for their two significant victories against the Lions.

The first game was an overall good team win for the Jackets, Winning it with a score of 30-1. Riley Adams was the pitcher for the game pitching a consistently solid game on the mound. With only the three innings that were played in the game, she allowed two hits and one run scored. Also, Adams struck out five batters and walked three of them with fourteen batters being faced.

Adams talks about her pitching explaining that “It felt amazing, I’ve been taking lessons, and it’s improving by a lot from last year. I have five [different] pitches now last year; I had four, so it feels great.”

The game also contributed with many great hits from many players on the team: Danni Fritz had 1 single, Zoe Shcultz had two singles and a home run, Cece Barrett had one single and two doubles, Hannah Stimer had four doubles and one triple, and Madi Barrett had a triple as well. The total bases included were Fritz with two, Shcultz with eight, Adams with five, Metcalf with two, M. Barrett with three, C. Barrett with five, and Hannah Stimer with eleven.

The second game was also a sweep for the Lady Jackets, with the score being 23-2. This time it was Jordyan Metcalf on the mound with an overall great pitching game. Metcalf pitched only three innings like Adams, only allowing one hit and two runs. She also had four strikeouts and walked three batters, with fifteen batters faced against her. 

The Yellowjackets were also finding good contact with the ball in the second game. Zoe Schultz had two singles, Cece Barrett and Riley Adams each had one single, Jordyan Metcalf, Danni Fritz, and Madi Barrett had a double, and Hannah Stimer had a triple. An overall spectacular two-game win by the Yellowjackets. 

Jordyan Metcalf who pitched in game two reflects, “ As a team, I think we’ve done pretty well. We’ve had some good hits and everyone has had a great attitude, an overall great day.”

The girls’ next game is today against Morenci. We wish them the best of luck in their games and continue to wish them good luck for the rest of the season. Please continue to support them as they grow as a team for the rest of the year!