• State track meet June 1st. Good luck to all our athletes.
  • District baseball and softball games at CHS on 5/31.
  • Food trucks coming out on May 30th for the Maymester.
  • Exams are on June 3rd through the 6th.
  • June 6th, the last day of school, is a 1/2 day.
  • Are you signed up for summer school?
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Tyler Rundle not doing school work.
Staying focused and overcoming the last stretch of the school year
Connor Stevens, Staff Writer • May 29, 2024

The end of the school year is approaching quickly, and many students around Concord hope to finish the year strong with their academics. As we...

Seniors during the ceremony
Baseball: Senior Night
Riley Aiken, Staff Writer • May 28, 2024

The atmosphere was electric at Concord High School's baseball field as the community gathered to honor the senior players in their final home...

Softball: Senior Night
Softball: Senior Night
Jenell Alvarez, Staff Writer • May 24, 2024

On Thursday, May 24, the softball team played against Michigan Center. The girls cheered on their teammates, almost being heard from a mile away! Despite...

Play ball! Concord’s baseball boys are back at it again

News coverage on Thursdays baseball games against Summerfield
Savanna Payne
Varsity Team Photo

Last Thursday, the varsity baseball team hosted a doubleheader against Summerfield High School. The boys worked extremely hard and won the first game 5-2. Unfortunately, the boys lost the second game but came very close, ending with a score of 4-5. Despite the loss, the boys continued to learn and have fun. 

This year, the varsity team welcomed a new head coach, Scott Chase, whose influence has been greatly beneficial for the team. Senior Carter Arbuckle speaks of the new addition to the team: “Coach is very baseball smart, and he brings out the best in us every day!”

Dustin Hamilton catching (Savanna Payne)

Junior Dustin Hamilton, who is the team’s catcher, provides a detailed account of the night, “Overall, as a team, we were very solid the first game, but during the second game, we were a little sloppy and had a few errors.” Hamilton then talks about a great play he contributed to: “Levi Raymond signaled a throwdown as soon as the guy on first stole, and we successfully got him out and ended a long inning.” 

Levi Raymond up to bat (Savanna Payne)

Senior Levi Raymond reflects on how he did during both games, explaining, “I played okay in the first game, but I definitely could’ve done better, especially

with my hitting. I felt I played a little better in the second game, both on the field and in hitting.” Raymond continues to speak about the season as a whole: “So far, this season has been great, and we have improved a lot; we have a young team, so we have to improve every day.” Lastly, Raymond said, “ My goals for this season are to get all-state and make it to the state finals.”

Landen Lynn pitching (Savanna Payne)

Freshman Landen Lynn started as the pitcher in the first game and did great. High school baseball is a whole new experience for him, and he explains that it’s taking some getting used to, but he is starting to get the hang of it. He also says, “The season has been good so far, and my biggest goal is to win districts.”

Carter Arbuckle catching a throw to first base (Savanna Payne)

As mentioned before, Carter Arbuckle is a senior on the team and has been an essential player for all four years of his high school career. When speaking about the second game, he mentions a stellar double play that he and Raymond contributed to. Raymond explained it by saying, “I caught the ball from a hit and threw it to Carter at first for the second out.”

So with that, congratulations to the team for the great win and tough fight. This team is determined to accomplish their goals this year, but they can’t do it without the help of their fans. Make sure to pop out to the next game and cheer these boys on as they continue to improve! Their next game will be at home on Tuesday, April 30 against Maple Valley. The game will start at 3:00 pm. Our softball team will also be playing at the same time so make sure to stop by and give them some love as well!