• This week is SENIOR SPIRIT WEEK!
  • Come out and support our spring athletes at home competitions!
  • Attendance matters: as the weather improves, keep coming to school so that you don't fall behind.
  • Prom is this Saturday May 4th!
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Varsity Team Photo
Play ball! Concord's baseball boys are back at it again
Savanna Payne, Staff Writer • April 29, 2024

Last Thursday, the varsity baseball team hosted a doubleheader against Summerfield High School. The boys worked extremely hard and won the first...

A Spectacular Art Show
A Spectacular Art Show
Lucy Otto, Staff Writer • April 29, 2024

This year's art show went spectacular. There were many different mediums and styles at the show. The art show was located in Jackson Crossing...

Gwendolyn Bulko taking her mock interview
Senior Mock Interviews
Riley Aiken, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024

The seniors are on the verge of graduating and challenging decisions about their future are approaching quickly. The seniors were given mock...

Senior Spotlight: Ella Woolworth

Honoring an amazing Concord senior: Ella Woolworth
Ella’s senior photos! Photo Courtesy of Ella Woolworth

Caring, sweet, and ambitious all sum up one amazing senior: Ella Woolworth. We are honored to spotlight her and all of her achievements this week. 

Ella has attended Concord since kindergarten and loves the small Concord Community. In high school, she enjoys many of her classes and shares: “My favorite classes are anything with Mrs. O, Plant Science with Mrs. Colangelo, and Global Current Events with Jur.” Throughout her high school years, she shares her favorite memory. “My favorite high school memory is homecoming this year because I got to be on court with my best friends.”

Ella as a child.
Photo Courtesy of Ella Woolworth

English teacher, Mrs. O has had Ella as a student for many years and shares. “Ella is such a wonderful young woman, and I am so lucky to have gotten to know her over the past four years. I am so proud of her and all that she has accomplished, she has been someone I count on and enjoy getting to see every day. I am going to miss her terribly, but I know that she is going to do amazing things!”

Over the years, Ella has become very successful in school. She is proud of herself for maintaining an above 4.0 GPA and has even achieved the title of salutatorian. Outside of academics, she is the president of the student council, an NHS Officer, and a Class Officer. She also shares that she is involved in 4-H and is also a member of her youth group.

More Senior Photos.
Photo Courtesy of Ella Woolworth

She has also played many sports throughout her time here. She explains: “I played volleyball for three years, basketball for the last three years, and track this year.” After many years of being involved in athletics, she shares that there are many things that she will miss from her teams. “I will miss the family bond that we made and all the memories our teams made together.”

Leaving high school will be hard, and she shares what she will miss the most. “I will miss all my classmates and the activities we do. I will also miss Mrs. O.”

After high school, Woolworth has big plans for her future. She explains. “I plan to attend Calvin University and study pre-veterinary medicine. I then plan to go on to Vet School.” With this, she hopes to become a veterinarian.

Woolworth is ambitious and shares one thing on her bucket list that she wants to achieve. “I want to work on a ranch out west in Wyoming or Montana because that would be a really cool experience and I love animals. It would also really help me in my future career of becoming a vet.”

Outside of school, she shares what she enjoys doing. “Hanging out with family and friends, getting food, shopping, and hunting in the fall.” She also enjoys watching movies and shares her favorite movie is Mamma Mia. One of her best friends, Savanna Payne shares a little bit about their friendship. “Throughout the second half of my high school career, Ella and I have become very good friends and I am so happy we did! Ella is an amazing person to be around and is overall a great person to talk to.”

Another one of her close friends, Macy Sinden shares, “I’ve known Ella since I was born. She is kind, funny, and just genuinely fun to be around. I have been on so many adventures with her, including camping and showing pigs at the fair.”

Young Ella on a swing.
Photo Courtesy of Ella Woolworth

Lilieana Vandenburgh explains her friendship with Ella: “Ella is one of my best friends, and we have become really close over the last few years. She’s a great friend. She is really funny and is also a super caring person!”

Ella thanks two people who have made her into the person she is today: “My parents have shaped me to be who I am today because of the way they raised me and supported me through all my decisions.” Woolworth wants to leave students with one piece of advice for any students. “Make the most of the time you have here because it goes really fast.”

It is not every day that a writer gets to write about one of their best friends. I am honored to get to highlight Ella for all of her accomplishments and achievements. I am so proud of you, and I love you so much! On behalf of Concord Schools, we would like to wish Ella good luck in all of your future endeavors.