• Quarter four has officially begun, don't get behind at the start.
  • TESTING WEEK! Keep a positive attitude and try your best! You've got this!
  • Today is Eclipse Day! Protect your eyes with eclipse glasses.
  • Good luck to all our track athletes today!
  • Boys JV baseball plays Bronson on Monday.
  • Varsity Baseball and Softball will play at home on Tuesday vs. Bronson. Golf will be at the Quincy Jamboree, and then in Hillsdale on Wednesday.
  • Thursday baseball and softball take on Columbia Central at home.
  • Saturday will be a round robin tourney at CHS for both baseball and softball!
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Gwendolyn Bulko taking her mock interview
Senior Mock Interviews
Riley Aiken, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024

The seniors are on the verge of graduating and challenging decisions about their future are approaching quickly. The seniors were given mock...

3rd Hour Class Clean up.
Mrs. Fiero's Environmental Cleanup
Rylee Sinden, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024

Earth Day was on Monday, April 22nd. To celebrate, Mrs. Fiero took her third and fourth-hour Environmental Science classes to pick up trash in...

DeTori doing an example with Vincent Simpson and Aryonna Kehle.
A successful career day!
Julia Stevens, Staff Writer • April 23, 2024

On Friday, April 19th, students at CHS had the opportunity to meet with guest speakers who discussed the different types of jobs they have. This...

Girls’ basketball : A season of success and growth.

The Lady Jackets with the district, Photo courtesy of Maria Stevens.

After a rough few seasons, the varsity girls basketball team have certainly made a statement in the program by coming 2nd in the conference. They won a district championship even going all the way to the regional championship but coming up short against Mendon.

The girls finished the season with a record of 20-6. They made a very deep run into the MHSAA tournament getting to the regional championship, which not many teams are able to do. This achievement alone set them much higher than recent previous years espcically because two of the players broke school records.

When Varsity Co-Captain Hannah Stimer reflects on the season, she quotes, “I think we had a great season, and I’m looking forward to what we can accomplish together as a team next year; we grew a lot as players and as a team which is what I think led to the success that we had together. For next year I think that we all need to get into the gym and get some shots up together.” Stimer also broke the 3 pointers made in a season record with 59 made 3 pointers.  Stimer  reflects on that stating, “Breaking a record was an amazing feeling; I didn’t even know it was reality for me until we were about halfway through the season. It’s really cool to think about my name being on the record board, and I’m looking forward to seeing what I can accomplish for next year’s season.” 

Cieara Barrett was also right along with Stimer for season 3 point shots made. At one point during the basketball season, Barrett and Stimer were both tied on the record together. Barrett also talks about the season saying, “I think our team did really good especially from last year’s record; I know that we came up short of our final goal, but we will be back next year to win it.” When Barrett was asked what the team can do to improve for next year’s season, she quotes, “ I would say improve on our team chemistry and work on having a whole team that can score for us.”

Another record breaking player was Bradie Lehman, who had an all around great freshman season also breaking the number of assist in a season record with 139 assists. Lehman reflects saying, “I think we did amazing especially with how last year from going from 7th in the conference all the way to 2nd and winning districts this year.” Lehman was asked what the team could do better to improve next year, she explains, “I think we can improve on playing up and down the court a little more, in transition.”  

Madi Barrett, one of the four seniors on the team, shares her thoughts on the season, “I’m still really upset the season is done with because it was my last year of playing basketball; I’m proud of our team for making it this far.” Barrett explains her thoughts on how the team did this season, “From last year to now, we made tremendous progress from coming 7th to 2nd in the Big Eight and I’m glad I was a part of it.”

With a great team comes great success, and the whole starting five for the Lady Jackets was recognized for their outstanding work this season:Maria Stevens, Grace Thorrez, and Hannah Stimer were all recognized for Honorable mention, and Cieara Barrett and Bradie Lehman were 1st team all conference for the Yellowjackets.

The Lady Jackets this season played incredible and made an impact on not only the records for the school, but also on how Concord’s girls basketball team is perceived. They proved that they’re up there with other big teams and hungry for victory. Good job this season Lady Jackets and good luck for next year’s season!