• Quarter four has officially begun, don't get behind at the start.
  • TESTING WEEK! Keep a positive attitude and try your best! You've got this!
  • Today is Eclipse Day! Protect your eyes with eclipse glasses.
  • Good luck to all our track athletes today!
  • Boys JV baseball plays Bronson on Monday.
  • Varsity Baseball and Softball will play at home on Tuesday vs. Bronson. Golf will be at the Quincy Jamboree, and then in Hillsdale on Wednesday.
  • Thursday baseball and softball take on Columbia Central at home.
  • Saturday will be a round robin tourney at CHS for both baseball and softball!
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Gwendolyn Bulko taking her mock interview
Senior Mock Interviews
Riley Aiken, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024

The seniors are on the verge of graduating and challenging decisions about their future are approaching quickly. The seniors were given mock...

3rd Hour Class Clean up.
Mrs. Fiero's Environmental Cleanup
Rylee Sinden, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024

Earth Day was on Monday, April 22nd. To celebrate, Mrs. Fiero took her third and fourth-hour Environmental Science classes to pick up trash in...

DeTori doing an example with Vincent Simpson and Aryonna Kehle.
A successful career day!
Julia Stevens, Staff Writer • April 23, 2024

On Friday, April 19th, students at CHS had the opportunity to meet with guest speakers who discussed the different types of jobs they have. This...

Senior Spotlight: Zoe Schultz

Honoring an amazing Concord Senior.
Zoe Schultz, an outstanding Concord Senior. Photo Courtesy of Zoe Schultz

Sweet, caring, and funny all describe one amazing Concord senior: Zoe Schultz. She has accomplished so much, which is why we are honored to spotlight her this week. 

Schultz has attended Concord since she was in kindergarten, and loves it here. “I love Concord because it’s a small town and everyone knows eachother. I enjoy living in such a welcoming place.” Now, she is almost ready to move onto the next chapter of her life. She shares her plans after high school: “I am going to attend Jackson College for a semester to pursue a nursing degree.” After JACC, she plans to transfer to Grand Valley State University to start in the nursing program. She shares why she wants to go into this field. “I have always wanted to do this because my mom is a nurse and she inspired me.”

Zoe as a baby.
Photo Courtesy of Zoe Schultz

High school has caused considerable growth for Schultz. She explains. “I have become more responsible, more mature, and stopped caring about what people think.” She has also had many great memories over the years and explains that “[her] favorite memory was when [they] painted the rock at the beginning of the year.”

Sports have always been an important part of Zoe’s life. She participates in varsity volleyball and Varsity Softball. In softball, she has received many awards including the coaches award last season. Her coach and teacher, Mr. Buck shares, “Zoe is a hard-working athlete, When she puts her mind to getting better she consistently asks how she can improve and to give her feedback on how to get better. As a student, she works well in the classroom with others and completes her work.”

More Senior Pictures!
Photo Courtesy of Zoe Schultz

In school, she enjoys art and explains that her favorite class is art with Mr.Couling. Over her years involved in the art program, she has received various awards. Her teacher, Mr.Couling elaborates on her skill: “Zoe is an awesome artist. She takes on very challenging work, and does an outstanding job. Other students often compliment her on her high level of work.”

Zoe on senior night for Varsity Volleyball. (Savanna Payne)

Besides her classes, Schultz is involved in student council. Outside of school, Zoe has many hobbies, she explains.“In my free time, I like to do my nails, go on walks, eat, hang out with friends, and play softball.” In her lifetime, she wants to go in a hot air balloon. “I think that would be really fun,” 

Zoe enjoys hanging out with her friends. One of her best friends, Sidney Marshall shares why she loves Zoe: “Zoe is my best friend and the funniest person I know. My favorite memory with her is hanging out at Bri’s this summer and all the bonfires.”

Another one of her closest friends, Savanna Alejandro explains their friendship:“She has a very funny personality. She is also very outgoing, which makes it easy to be around her. She is an amazing friend. She is understanding and a great listener.”

Zoe has one person to thank for who she is today: “My mom has made me into who I am today because she gives me advice and I look up to her.”

Zoe when she was young!
Photo Courtesy of Zoe Schultz

Schultz has one last piece of advice for any students. “Do your work on time. Stay on top of your work and try not to fall behind.” We wish Zoe the best of luck in all of her future endeavors.