• Quarter four has officially begun, don't get behind at the start.
  • TESTING WEEK! Keep a positive attitude and try your best! You've got this!
  • Today is Eclipse Day! Protect your eyes with eclipse glasses.
  • Good luck to all our track athletes today!
  • Boys JV baseball plays Bronson on Monday.
  • Varsity Baseball and Softball will play at home on Tuesday vs. Bronson. Golf will be at the Quincy Jamboree, and then in Hillsdale on Wednesday.
  • Thursday baseball and softball take on Columbia Central at home.
  • Saturday will be a round robin tourney at CHS for both baseball and softball!
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concords boys and girls track team warming up before the meet
It's officially track season
Savanna Payne, Staff Writer • April 11, 2024

It's officially track season! The season started off with a scrimmage on Monday at home. Concord High School’s track team faced Springport...

The Juniors posing in front of JCC
Junior College Tour Trip
Riley Aiken, Staff Writer • April 9, 2024

Concord has offered the Junior class an opportunity to take a day and walk around SAU and JCC. This trip gave students the first step to picking...

Robotic Competition: A Successful Challenge for 5205, CHS Full Metal Jackets
Lucy Otto, Staff Writer • April 8, 2024

Concord’s robotics team CHS Full Metal Jackets had completely redesigned and fixed their robot for competition less than two  weeks after...

Art spotlight: Jade Clark

We shine our art spotlight on long time artist, Jade Clark.
Connor Stevens
Clark drawing in class.

With Concord being one of the top art programs in the county, many talented artists have come through the school over the years; one of them being Jade Clark. Clark is one of the most talented artists here at Concord, and she is only a freshman. 

Clark shares the inspiration she has for drawing. She states, “I think it’s just because I’ve been doing it for so long; I’m also getting better and better to where I can sell my art and maybe make my store using my art.” Clark’s favorite drawing style is colored pencil. She further explains, “It takes me the longest to do, maybe a few weeks.” 

Clark first began drawing when she was eight years old. She says, “I’ve improved greatly with my drawing ability.” Clark shares that, unsurprisingly, her favorite class is Art. Clark has been attending Concord for three years now, starting when she was in 6th grade. Clark had many challenges throughout her drawing career. With regular pencil drawing, she shares that it can take her up to several weeks to finish the project, but she enjoys it. The regular pencil drawing also helps her “find more creativity.”

Lucy Otto a longtime friend of Clark goes way back to the end of 6th grade. Otto shares, “Her art has progressed and has gotten better since I’ve known her.” Otto describes her art as unique, she continues, “Her art style is unique, she kind of follows her favorite artists in the books she reads, which are pretty identical. She has done digital and paper art, I remember back in 7th grade she showed me her digital art.”

Clark shares the inspiration in her life, “Probably my older sister, she has just been there for me whenever even when I was little. She is also an artist, and she paints a lot.” Besides drawing art in her free time, Clark states that she likes to play video games. She says, “My favorite video game is JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure All-Star.”

Clark shares about her high school experience so far, she says, “It’s been good; I would say it’s been rough at some times but besides that, it’s been ok. 

The art teacher here at Concord, Mr. Couling, acknowledges Clark’s work as well. Couling states, “My favorite thing about Jade is the attention to detail she has; she puts a lot of focus into her work, and she always gets a lot of shading in there and picks the most challenging pieces of work to do.” Couling was asked if Clark motivates him as an art teacher, he further stated, “Yes, when I see someone going above and beyond, it is encouraging to me and a lot of other students as well. They kinda see her work and say wow, so they get inspired too.”

We are very proud of Jade Clark and her marvelous work. She is a huge contributor to the art program at Concord High School. We are excited to see where her art career takes her in life as well!