• Quarter four has officially begun, don't get behind at the start.
  • TESTING WEEK! Keep a positive attitude and try your best! You've got this!
  • Today is Eclipse Day! Protect your eyes with eclipse glasses.
  • Good luck to all our track athletes today!
  • Boys JV baseball plays Bronson on Monday.
  • Varsity Baseball and Softball will play at home on Tuesday vs. Bronson. Golf will be at the Quincy Jamboree, and then in Hillsdale on Wednesday.
  • Thursday baseball and softball take on Columbia Central at home.
  • Saturday will be a round robin tourney at CHS for both baseball and softball!
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Gwendolyn Bulko taking her mock interview
Senior Mock Interviews
Riley Aiken, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024

The seniors are on the verge of graduating and challenging decisions about their future are approaching quickly. The seniors were given mock...

3rd Hour Class Clean up.
Mrs. Fiero's Environmental Cleanup
Rylee Sinden, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024

Earth Day was on Monday, April 22nd. To celebrate, Mrs. Fiero took her third and fourth-hour Environmental Science classes to pick up trash in...

DeTori doing an example with Vincent Simpson and Aryonna Kehle.
A successful career day!
Julia Stevens, Staff Writer • April 23, 2024

On Friday, April 19th, students at CHS had the opportunity to meet with guest speakers who discussed the different types of jobs they have. This...

Lily McCabe: A Perfect Fit For A Leader

Courtesy of Lily McCabe.

Determined, perfect definition of a leader, and always giving 100%: Lily McCabe steps up to the stage no matter the situation. Concord shines the spotlight on the well-deserved Lily McCabe this week.

Those who are close to her know that her full first name is Lilianna. Her favorite memory is when Mr. Reiniche did a song and dance that helped her with learning. In her free time, Lily enjoys reading, practicing cheerleading, and working out, especially weight lifting. At the Career Center, she is studying to be a police officer. After high school, Lily plans to attend MSU or Olivet to study as a police officer. She also plans to apply to be a deputy with the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office. 

Courtesy of Lily McCabe.

Lily explains her biggest inspiration: “My biggest inspiration is my sister. Her strength and determination in life is amazing. She has been taking care of me, protecting and helping to raise me since I was little.” Her older sister Jasmin McCabe graduated from Concord in 2021. 

Lily has participated in cheer all four years in high school, both sideline and competitive cheer. Out on the sidelines, you can hear Lily’s strong voice cheering for our team. Her spirit never falters in any situation. She is a great leader to newcomers on the cheer team. She always helps and encourages each of her teammates. Into the winter season, she continues to lead the competitive cheer team out on the floor. She makes sure that everyone can hear how proud and confident she is with the cheer. 

Julia Stevens

Lily shares what she likes about cheer: “In cheer, I like the fact that we all become like a family, and I enjoy being a role model to younger kids. I like competing and being able to see myself and the people around me improve and obtain new skills.”

Mrs. Sigman who has taught Lily for two years in the classroom and has been her coach for all four years of high school stated that: “She always puts forth 100% effort and sometimes 110%.” 

Sigman went on to describe how Lily demonstrates this effort by the fact that, “She has good time management, turns her things in on time, she always does her best on things, does 100%, and never has to revise or anything.”

She has also participated in track. In track, Lily’s events are discus and shot put. She has gone to the state meet for both shot-put and discus. Student Austin Bradley has played alongside her. He shares: “She is a true competitor and excels in both shot put and discus.”

Another student, Grace Thorrez, who has also played alongside Lily in track shares one of her favorite memories with her in track: “ I remember one day in practice she was throwing a shot-put, and she had thrown her personal record, and we were jumping up and down with so much excitement.”

Ashton Easterwood has been a long-time friend of Lily McCabe. He has known her since 1st grade and has shared many great memories. Ashton shares his favorite memory “ My favorite memory is when after school we would go to the lake. It is always a good time.”

Bernardo, our foreign exchange student from Brazil, first met Lily when she was asked to help show him to the Career Center.  Bernardo states, “Since then, [our] friendship has continued to blossom.” 

Lily and Bernardo at the homecoming dance. (Concord Chronicle)

Bernardo shares that his favorite memory so far with Lily has been when he, “Went to Lily’s house to make Christmas cookies and her family was very welcoming. I liked them. It was really fun.” Bernardo leaves off with, “She is an amazing person.”

In regards to the underclassmen, Lily wants them to know, “It goes by quicker than you think.  It’s OK if your friends change if you change.”  Lily also shared that her “advice for future students is to take your time and have fun while you’re in high school.”  She also advises to “make sure to do your work and listen to your teachers.  You might not always agree with them, but they have your best interest at heart.”  

Concord wishes you all the best, Lily. We hope to watch you grow even more as you protect and serve your community.