• Congratulations to the boys' basketball team for their Big Eight Championship. They play their first game of districts at home on Wednesday!
  • Girls' basketball plays on Tuesday at Springport, it is a big game for them, so come support! Their senior night is also this Thursday at home.
  • Good luck to Collin Thompson on Friday as he competes in the wrestling state championship at Ford Field!
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Downtown Albion, Michigan
Downtown Albion: The growth continues
Savanna Payne, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

About 15-20 minutes north-west of Concord is the charming city of Albion, Michigan. Albion originally became a village in 1855 but was named...

Photo from one of Pyper Norris trips. (Courtesy of Pyper Norris)
Spring break destinations and recommendations
Julia Stevens, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

Spring break is coming up quickly, and to prepare many families are deciding where to travel. This can sometimes be difficult with all the amazing...

Are girls teams getting the same support as boys teams?
Are girls' teams getting the same support as boys' teams?
Jenell Alvarez, Staff Writer • February 22, 2024

The question of fairness between girls' and boys' sports is an ongoing issue. Title IX, enacted on June 23, 1972, is a US law that says no one...

Senior Spotlight: Sidney Marshall

This week we are shining our senior spotlight on Sidney Marshall. Throughout Marshall’s career here at Concord she has not only grown as a person but also as a student; that is why we are honored to be writing about her.    

Marshall has attended Concord since kindergarten and has also grown up right here in town. This has allowed her to make many memories throughout her time here at CHS. When asked what her favorite one was, Marshall said, “Some of my most memorable moments in high school were during Homecoming and Snowcoming week. I loved how everyone was able to come together and just have fun. It was also fun to help plan and participate in all the activities.” She also mentions how much she enjoys her weightlifting class.

Marshall has made many memories outside of school as well, when asked to choose a favorite she explained that there are way too many to choose from, but if she had to choose it would be anytime she hung out at friends’ houses. Marshall also adds what she enjoys most in her free time, “I enjoy listening to music, longboarding, playing video games, but most of all, I love going on late-night drives and camping with my family.”

After high school, Marshall hopes to attend Northern Michigan University to study to become a DNR officer. When asked what made her decide on this major she explained, “When I was younger, my dad and I used to watch shows about exploring the outdoors. That got me very interested in being outside and exploring. I even used to make survival bags and gather all the necessary survival tools just in case I ever needed them.” 

Classmate and friend Kaitlyn Inman has been friends with Sidney since the eighth grade. Inman explains what she enjoys most about Sidney, “I like how she is there for you when you are down; it’s nice to have someone like that in your life.” Inman also describes one of her favorite memories with Sidney, “One of my favorite memories with Sidney is when we were at a friend’s house, and one of our friends was getting attacked by a spider and instead of helping, Sidney was dying laughing.”

Another one of Marshall’s long-time friends Emma Curry explains her favorite thing about Sidney: “I love her bright spirit and how she is a happy person.” Curry also adds that her favorite memory with Sidney is when they went on a trip to Florida together.

Not only do Marshall’s friends enjoy having her around, but so do her teachers. Mrs. Osterhout first taught Sidney her junior year of high school in one of Sidney’s favorite classes, film studies. When asked what Mrs. Osterhout enjoyed about having Sidney in class she responded by saying, “She’s fun and I like that she’s not afraid to be goofy and does not take herself too seriously. I also like that she’s always willing to put herself out there and try new things.”

Marshall also would like to give some advice to underclassmen: “Make sure you stay out of drama and don’t let anyone bother you or tell you what you can or can’t be.” Sidney also encourages everyone to find a good group of friends to hang out with and to have fun.”

We wish Marshall the best of luck in all that she does as she moves on to other phases of her life. Enjoy your journey and keep being true to yourself along the way. Thank you for bringing so much brightness to Concord.

View Comments (2)