• Good luck to all our athletes as the winter sports season gets underway.
  • Support the Girls Basketball team as they take on HH Tuesday and Michigan Center on Thursday.
  • Wrestlers have a tri-meet at home on Wednesday.
  • Boys basketball will travel on Monday and Friday this week for their games.
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Mykala Drew
Artist Spotlight: Mykala Drew
Riley Aiken, Staff Writer • December 11, 2023

With such a wide variety of talent here at Concord, it can be difficult to decide on a singular person to recognize for their artistic ability....

First girls basketball game with new coaches
First girls' basketball game with new coaches
Savanna Payne, Staff Writer • December 7, 2023

It's basketball season once again, and the Concord girls' basketball team kicked off their season Tuesday night at home against Hanover Horton....

Connor Stevens takes the starting jump of the game.
Concord Vs. Homer
Emily Blackmer, Staff Writer • December 1, 2023

Tonight's home basketball game between the Concord boys’ basketball teams and Homer marked the start of another intense basketball season....

Concord volleyballs’ home tri

Both JV and Varsity volleyball face Homer and Britton-Deerfield.
Savanna Payne

Concord took on their first home tri match of the season, facing Homer and Britton-Deerfield. Coming off a loss at Union City, the Lady Jackets were determined to improve against two new opponents. Under the guidance of continuing coaches Kathy Lehman and Brianne Sinden, the teams continued to work towards success.  

The varsity started the night off with a win: 25-10, 25-13  vs. Britton-Deerfield. In their second match of the night, they were defeated by the Trojans, going 8-25 in the first match and 19-25 in the second.

Senior Rylee Sinden explains how the tri went: “I think that we did better against Britton-Deerfield because we played hard and encouraged each other the whole time.” She also mentions that the team’s communication is what led them to victory.

Junior Iyla Weeks explains how she played during the tri: “I feel like I could’ve done better today, but I feel like I did well with continuing to keep a positive attitude.” 

Our setter, Freshman Bradie Lehman, thinks there are just a few more things the team needs to improve on. Bradie explains, “Our team I think needs to improve on staying hype and not getting down on ourselves.” She also says that the team needs to focus more on always being ready for the next play.

The JV also played very hard on Thursday, finishing with a win: 25-17, 12-25, 15-9 vs. Britton-Deerfield and a loss against Homer: 19-25, 18-25. 

Freshman Evelyn Goldsmith reflects on her effort during the tri: “I feel that I did best serving.”

Freshman Avery Arbuckle also adds that the team played better against Britton-Deefield. When asked why she says, “We were more of a team than we were against Homer.”

Sophomore Lilie Vandenburgh gives some advice for what the team needs to improve on: “Our team could improve on talking and making better plays.”

Varsity coach, Kathy Lehman reflects on how the season has been going: “I feel our season has been going well so far.” Prior to the tri match, the teams record was 9-4-1 overall, which is a great improvement considering last year’s record.

JV coach, Brianne Sinden also reflects on the season so far: “Our season has been going great! We started out the season seeing some really tough competition, which taught us how to speed up our play. With every match, we make improvements.”

Congratulations to both teams on their efforts. Come watch the girls play next Tuesday, September 26th at home. Be there and be loud!