• This week is SENIOR SPIRIT WEEK!
  • Come out and support our spring athletes at home competitions!
  • Attendance matters: as the weather improves, keep coming to school so that you don't fall behind.
  • Prom is this Saturday May 4th!
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Zoe Schultz, Cece Barrett, and Riley Adams having a good time in the dugout.
Swing for greatness: Concord softball sweeps Maple Valley
Connor Stevens, Staff Writer • May 2, 2024

On Monday, April 29th, the Lady Jackets softball team hosted Maple Valley for a doubleheader of softball action. The Jackets not only had two...

Varsity Team Photo
Play ball! Concord's baseball boys are back at it again
Savanna Payne, Staff Writer • April 29, 2024

Last Thursday, the varsity baseball team hosted a doubleheader against Summerfield High School. The boys worked extremely hard and won the first...

A Spectacular Art Show
A Spectacular Art Show
Lucy Otto, Staff Writer • April 29, 2024

This year's art show went spectacular. There were many different mediums and styles at the show. The art show was located in Jackson Crossing...

Concord volleyballs’ home tri

Both JV and Varsity volleyball face Homer and Britton-Deerfield.
Savanna Payne

Concord took on their first home tri match of the season, facing Homer and Britton-Deerfield. Coming off a loss at Union City, the Lady Jackets were determined to improve against two new opponents. Under the guidance of continuing coaches Kathy Lehman and Brianne Sinden, the teams continued to work towards success.  

The varsity started the night off with a win: 25-10, 25-13  vs. Britton-Deerfield. In their second match of the night, they were defeated by the Trojans, going 8-25 in the first match and 19-25 in the second.

Senior Rylee Sinden explains how the tri went: “I think that we did better against Britton-Deerfield because we played hard and encouraged each other the whole time.” She also mentions that the team’s communication is what led them to victory.

Junior Iyla Weeks explains how she played during the tri: “I feel like I could’ve done better today, but I feel like I did well with continuing to keep a positive attitude.” 

Our setter, Freshman Bradie Lehman, thinks there are just a few more things the team needs to improve on. Bradie explains, “Our team I think needs to improve on staying hype and not getting down on ourselves.” She also says that the team needs to focus more on always being ready for the next play.

The JV also played very hard on Thursday, finishing with a win: 25-17, 12-25, 15-9 vs. Britton-Deerfield and a loss against Homer: 19-25, 18-25. 

Freshman Evelyn Goldsmith reflects on her effort during the tri: “I feel that I did best serving.”

Freshman Avery Arbuckle also adds that the team played better against Britton-Deefield. When asked why she says, “We were more of a team than we were against Homer.”

Sophomore Lilie Vandenburgh gives some advice for what the team needs to improve on: “Our team could improve on talking and making better plays.”

Varsity coach, Kathy Lehman reflects on how the season has been going: “I feel our season has been going well so far.” Prior to the tri match, the teams record was 9-4-1 overall, which is a great improvement considering last year’s record.

JV coach, Brianne Sinden also reflects on the season so far: “Our season has been going great! We started out the season seeing some really tough competition, which taught us how to speed up our play. With every match, we make improvements.”

Congratulations to both teams on their efforts. Come watch the girls play next Tuesday, September 26th at home. Be there and be loud!