• Quarter four has officially begun, don't get behind at the start.
  • TESTING WEEK! Keep a positive attitude and try your best! You've got this!
  • Today is Eclipse Day! Protect your eyes with eclipse glasses.
  • Good luck to all our track athletes today!
  • Boys JV baseball plays Bronson on Monday.
  • Varsity Baseball and Softball will play at home on Tuesday vs. Bronson. Golf will be at the Quincy Jamboree, and then in Hillsdale on Wednesday.
  • Thursday baseball and softball take on Columbia Central at home.
  • Saturday will be a round robin tourney at CHS for both baseball and softball!
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Gwendolyn Bulko taking her mock interview
Senior Mock Interviews
Riley Aiken, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024

The seniors are on the verge of graduating and challenging decisions about their future are approaching quickly. The seniors were given mock...

3rd Hour Class Clean up.
Mrs. Fiero's Environmental Cleanup
Rylee Sinden, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024

Earth Day was on Monday, April 22nd. To celebrate, Mrs. Fiero took her third and fourth-hour Environmental Science classes to pick up trash in...

DeTori doing an example with Vincent Simpson and Aryonna Kehle.
A successful career day!
Julia Stevens, Staff Writer • April 23, 2024

On Friday, April 19th, students at CHS had the opportunity to meet with guest speakers who discussed the different types of jobs they have. This...

Staff Spotlight: Mrs. Snyder

Concord High School has a new principal!
Photo provided
The new principal, Mrs. Snyder!

Concord High School has a new addition to its staff: Mrs. Snyder. She has joined the team and taken on the title of principal. She is goofy, friendly, and knowledgeable, which is why we are honored to have her as our first staff spotlight of the year.

Mrs. Snyder shares that she attended Bronson Jr./Sr. High School. She explains that she played many sports and participated in many clubs such as Varsity volleyball, Varsity tennis, NHS, and academic. She also shares her favorite memory from her time there. She says, “My favorite memory was when my teacher dressed up in an era. We ate food from that time, listened to music, dressed the part, and immersed ourselves into the cultural experience.”

After high school and college, Mrs. Snyder went into the teaching profession. She taught in a charter school, was an early childhood teacher, a coordinator, a special education supervisor, and a principal at Sturgis. Even though she loves what she does, Mrs. Snyder shares that her proudest accomplishment is her family. She says, “I have three kids; Jalynn, Mccain, and Mason, they are my proudest accomplishments.”

When she is not at school, Mrs. Snyder has a few hobbies she loves. She says, “I like boating and vacationing, and I love going to football games.” She also shares that something on her bucket list is to go to Bora Bora.

Mrs. Otto shares her first impression of Mrs. Snyder. She says, “She seemed very friendly, outgoing, knowledgeable, and she has high energy.” Mrs. Otto thinks that Mrs. Snyder will add new ideas and approaches to the school. She adds, “I think she will do her best to be creative and have new ideas to meet students’ needs.”

The superintendent, Mrs. Hutchinson, describes Mrs. Snyder as joyful and enthusiastic. According to her, “Mrs. Snyder is passionate about education and making sure that each student is getting the opportunity to learn at high levels. She has the unique ability to build relationships with any group and can rejuvenate teams with her creativity. She isn’t afraid to put herself out there and try new things, and she always has a funny story to share which makes her relatable.” She adds that she is really excited to have Mrs. Snyders’s energy added to the building.

Twelfth grader, Lily McCabe has had a chance to get to know Mrs. Snyder a little bit. She shares her favorite thing about her: “I like how she seems very kind and is always smiling.” McCabe’s favorite moment with Mrs. Snyder so far has been the first assembly of the school year. She says, “She tried to communicate with us as best as possible and introduced herself to us.”

Eleventh grader, Mason Davis also has had a chance to talk with Mrs. Snyder. He says, “I think she cares for us and wants to see us succeed. I think she’s genuinely a good lady. She is definitely a good addition to Concord, and I think she will bring us up.” He also adds how he likes the way she’s always smiling and excited for the day to start.

“I hope to build good, strong relationships with people in the school community.” Mrs. Snyder explains. The staff and students are excited to have her here, and hope we have a great school year with her!