• Congratulations to the boys' basketball team for their Big Eight Championship. They play their first game of districts at home on Wednesday!
  • Girls' basketball plays on Tuesday at Springport, it is a big game for them, so come support! Their senior night is also this Thursday at home.
  • Good luck to Collin Thompson on Friday as he competes in the wrestling state championship at Ford Field!
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Downtown Albion, Michigan
Downtown Albion: The growth continues
Savanna Payne, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

About 15-20 minutes north-west of Concord is the charming city of Albion, Michigan. Albion originally became a village in 1855 but was named...

Photo from one of Pyper Norris trips. (Courtesy of Pyper Norris)
Spring break destinations and recommendations
Julia Stevens, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

Spring break is coming up quickly, and to prepare many families are deciding where to travel. This can sometimes be difficult with all the amazing...

Are girls teams getting the same support as boys teams?
Are girls' teams getting the same support as boys' teams?
Jenell Alvarez, Staff Writer • February 22, 2024

The question of fairness between girls' and boys' sports is an ongoing issue. Title IX, enacted on June 23, 1972, is a US law that says no one...

Concord vs. Bridgeman

The Concord Yellow jackets play their first game of the year.
Riley Adams

On Friday, our Concord Yellowjackets played their first game of the season against Bridgeman. The Jackets fought a tough battle and “worked their butts off all night,” explains head coach Mr. Clark. Despite their efforts, the Jackets fell short to Bridgeman with the final score of 12-28.

Clark shares his thoughts on the game: “I thought we played pretty good defense, and our effort was awesome. I think that the thing that shined out most was definitely our defense,” he explains. The boys tried their hardest all night to stop Bridgeman. 

This year, Concord has a great roster lined up for the season, Coach Clark continues, “It’s really hard to name just one. I mean Mekhi [is] obvious but TJ, Jordan, Collin, Tylend, Levi, Gavin; there’s so many weapons this year. I think on defense Mason Davis is an important one to think about, along with Alex Winters.”

Although the team worked hard, Clark explains that there is always something to improve on. He continues to emphasize that they need to work on “self discipline and emotional control.” He shares that “our penalties were outrageous the first game, and we did a lot of silly things that we could’ve controlled.” 

That was only the first game of the season, and it was a tough opponent. Clark shares who he thinks their toughest opponent will be this year: “Hopefully it was Bridgeman, but after that it’s Gobles, but we have a really tough schedule this year,” he explains. 

Wish the boys good luck at their away game this Friday vs. Toledo Christian.