• State track meet June 1st. Good luck to all our athletes.
  • District baseball and softball games at CHS on 5/31.
  • Food trucks coming out on May 30th for the Maymester.
  • Exams are on June 3rd through the 6th.
  • June 6th, the last day of school, is a 1/2 day.
  • Are you signed up for summer school?
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Tyler Rundle not doing school work.
Staying focused and overcoming the last stretch of the school year
Connor Stevens, Staff Writer • May 29, 2024

The end of the school year is approaching quickly, and many students around Concord hope to finish the year strong with their academics. As we...

Seniors during the ceremony
Baseball: Senior Night
Riley Aiken, Staff Writer • May 28, 2024

The atmosphere was electric at Concord High School's baseball field as the community gathered to honor the senior players in their final home...

Softball: Senior Night
Softball: Senior Night
Jenell Alvarez, Staff Writer • May 24, 2024

On Thursday, May 24, the softball team played against Michigan Center. The girls cheered on their teammates, almost being heard from a mile away! Despite...

Connor Stevens
Tyler Rundle not doing school work.

The end of the school year is approaching quickly, and many students around Concord hope to finish the year strong with their academics. As we all know, it can be very stressful at times when you have many assignments due for many different classes. Here are some helpful tips to stay on top of your schoolwork. 

Make sure you stay on top of organization. Lleyton Bauman likes to create to-do lists. Bauman says, “ What I like to do throughout the school year is create to-do lists. They help me stay on track with all my work. They also help me be able to know what I have to get done on that day or week. It also helps me prioritize tasks and manage my time, and it also helps me not forget to do my assignments as easily.” 

Another helpful tip is to make sure you are taking scheduled breaks. Taking breaks every 30 minutes to an hour can help reduce the stress building up with the work assigned to you. Zayden Sweet shares that taking breaks is important because “it allows you not to get too burnt out with school and allows a lot more room for creativity. So make sure you take breaks in between work.”

A few more helpful tips are ensuring you reach out to your teachers for help if you struggle with assignments. Jordan Medellin shares his advice: “ Reaching out to a teacher is helpful because it allows you to understand the concepts much easier than trying to figure it out yourself. It also shows the teacher that you are willing to try and actively trying to learn.”

The last step for a successful finish of the school year is to do work when you are at home. Working at home gives you less stress to complete work and an extended amount of time to work on the assignments. Bella Coppernoll believes in the importance of homework. She shares, “Doing work at home helps me a lot. I stay caught up, and don’t have to stress about not getting it done in time at school because I have it done at home.”

School can be stressful, but you can limit the stress by following some simple steps to finish out the school year strong. Make sure to stay caught up on the work you do, so you can finish the school year out with good grades!