• Quarter four has officially begun, don't get behind at the start.
  • TESTING WEEK! Keep a positive attitude and try your best! You've got this!
  • Today is Eclipse Day! Protect your eyes with eclipse glasses.
  • Good luck to all our track athletes today!
  • Boys JV baseball plays Bronson on Monday.
  • Varsity Baseball and Softball will play at home on Tuesday vs. Bronson. Golf will be at the Quincy Jamboree, and then in Hillsdale on Wednesday.
  • Thursday baseball and softball take on Columbia Central at home.
  • Saturday will be a round robin tourney at CHS for both baseball and softball!
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Gwendolyn Bulko taking her mock interview
Senior Mock Interviews
Riley Aiken, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024

The seniors are on the verge of graduating and challenging decisions about their future are approaching quickly. The seniors were given mock...

3rd Hour Class Clean up.
Mrs. Fiero's Environmental Cleanup
Rylee Sinden, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024

Earth Day was on Monday, April 22nd. To celebrate, Mrs. Fiero took her third and fourth-hour Environmental Science classes to pick up trash in...

DeTori doing an example with Vincent Simpson and Aryonna Kehle.
A successful career day!
Julia Stevens, Staff Writer • April 23, 2024

On Friday, April 19th, students at CHS had the opportunity to meet with guest speakers who discussed the different types of jobs they have. This...

Unleashing the spirit: a week of spirit and school pride

Snowcoming has officially ended, and spirit week was the beginning of all of the fun. The dress-up days included K–12th grade, which allowed the entire school district to feel more connected. Many students at CHS came up with very clever ideas for their outfits, hoping to get their class as many spirit points as possible.

On Monday, the theme was Pajama Day. Many CHS students and teachers were walking throughout the halls cozied up; some were wearing slippers, while others carried blankets.

Tuesday was Teacher-Student Swap Day. Students chose a teacher to dress as and wore something that teachers would typically wear. For the teachers, many of them dressed as average high school students.

Wednesday was Senior vs. Baby Day. The sophomores and freshmen dressed up as babies; juniors and seniors dressed as senior citizens. Along with students, many teachers dressed up as senior citizens and babies, going along with the spirit week dress-up day.

Thursday was Country vs Country Club. Students chose to bring out the countryside of them, wearing cowboy hats and boots. While others chose to bring out the preppy side. They wore sweaters, golf skirts, fancy shoes, etc.

To wrap up spirit week, Friday was purple and gold day, which showed the most amount of school spirit. This day was when most students dressed up, and everyone felt the excitement for Snowcoming Day.

Junior, Dustin Hamilton shares his thoughts on spirit week, he shares, “I think it has gone pretty good; I enjoyed most of the days. Most of all I’m excited for the game on Friday.”

Junior, Lleyton Bauman also shares about Spirit Week, Bauman states, “I like the topics. I like the school atmosphere. All the dressing up is very interesting; some of the people have taken it very seriously, and I couldn’t even recognize Mrs. Sigman when she dressed up as an elder, but most of all I like the dress-up day decisions.”

Spirit Week brought a lot of fun and energy to the school. A big thank you to the student council for all the planning they did for the spirit days, and the entire week overall!