• This Thursday is the seniors' last day!
  • Graduation is this Sunday, May 19th!
  • Good luck to all spring sports this week at their meets and games.
  • Attendance matters: as the weather improves, keep coming to school so that you don't fall behind.
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Students before the scavenger hunt began.
Moore Math Competition At Albion College
Lucy Otto, Staff Writer • May 14, 2024

On Friday the 10th, a mix of sixteen freshmen and sophomores went to Albion College to compete in a math competition. Concord has been going...

The senior class who attended with their dates.
Prom 2024: An Enchanted Evening
Julia Stevens, Staff Writer • May 9, 2024

Prom 2024 an exciting night for many; on May 4th, the junior class put together an enchanted evening for themselves and the senior class. It...

Senior spirit week
Senior spirit week
Jenell Alvarez, Staff Writer • May 3, 2024

This week, our seniors embarked on a series of special activities, each day bringing them closer to their farewell. These activities, organized...

December’s Students Of The Month

Jenell Alvarez
Students of the month for December: Ashton Easterwood, Hannah Stimer, Jaylin Knoblett, and Hannah Ryan

As December goes by, new students of the month arrive! Here are the students teachers chose for this current month and a little insight to each of them. 

First up is a freshman, Hannah Ryan. Some of her hobbies are running, art, and gaming in her free time. When asked what keeps her motivated, Ryan says, “Knowing that if I stay in school and get good grades, I can get a well-paying job and live a better life than most people in my life.” After high school, she wants to be able to go to Kendall College School of the Arts (KCAD). Her goal for the next five years is to get adopted by her stepdad, Jake, and she plans on working with her mom in the business she owns.

Next up is Jaylin Knoblett, a sophomore. Her hobbies are playing volleyball, reading, and hanging out with family and friends. She also likes going on fun drives. Her motivation comes from a desire to do big things after high school, and keeping big goals in mind keeps her motivated to do her best. After high school, she wants to go into the medical field, starting with college, and she would currently like to attend the University of Chicago. And finally, for the next five years, her goal is to be in college and have fun.

Junior Hannah Stimer joins in with a bright future ahead. Stimer’s favorite hobbies are playing basketball, softball, golfing, being outside, and hanging out with family and friends. With motivation being part of her accomplishments, setting goals and staying focused on what she wants for herself is what keeps her motivated. After high school, she is unsure what she wants to do. A few of her interests are chiropractic medicine and athletic training.  When asked what goals she has in mind for the next five years, she says, “In the next five years, I hope to be almost graduated or graduated from college, moving into the career path that I chose.  I also hope to have my own house or an apartment.”

And finally, one of many favorite seniors, Ashton Easterwood. His hobbies include rollerblading around town, talking to random people, hurdling, and trying to achieve his new best. When asked what keeps him motivated, he says, “That’s how you achieve true happiness if you work on yourself. Self-love is one of the best sources of happiness, and it is not always motivation. It is discipline. If you stay true to yourself and stick to your beliefs and what you think is right, you will go much further, so motivation is temporary. Discipline lasts a lifetime.” After high school, he wants to go into an electrical labor union. And his goal for the next five years is to own a business with five or more employees.

Congrats to the new students of the month! Wish them the best of luck for their bright future ahead!