• This week is SENIOR SPIRIT WEEK!
  • Come out and support our spring athletes at home competitions!
  • Attendance matters: as the weather improves, keep coming to school so that you don't fall behind.
  • Prom is this Saturday May 4th!
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

The senior class who attended with their dates.
Prom 2024: An Enchanted Evening
Julia Stevens, Staff Writer • May 9, 2024

Prom 2024 an exciting night for many; on May 4th, the junior class put together an enchanted evening for themselves and the senior class. It...

Senior spirit week
Senior spirit week
Jenell Alvarez, Staff Writer • May 3, 2024

This week, our seniors embarked on a series of special activities, each day bringing them closer to their farewell. These activities, organized...

Zoe Schultz, Cece Barrett, and Riley Adams having a good time in the dugout.
Swing for greatness: Concord softball sweeps Maple Valley
Connor Stevens, Staff Writer • May 2, 2024

On Monday, April 29th, the Lady Jackets softball team hosted Maple Valley for a doubleheader of softball action. The Jackets not only had two...

Winter activities

CHS students plan spirited week
Winter+activities

Tis the season to be jolly and being jolly doesn’t stop at school. There will be several activities held during school from December 18th–22nd in honor of the holiday season. These activities include Pie the Teacher, hot chocolate and donuts, a movie in the gym, and a dodgeball game. These activities provide an opportunity for students to have fun and bond with their peers, while also celebrating the holiday season. During the whole week, there will also be spirit week, with the dress-up days being Twinkle and Toes, Ugly Sweater Day, Christmas PJs, Santa’s Workshop, and Deck the Halls.

Do you have a teacher that you would love to “pie”? Well, now you have the opportunity. Pie the Teacher will be held on Monday, December 18 in the high school gym. During this event for the small price of $4, you will have the opportunity to pie a teacher of your choice from a list of teachers. The teachers you have the opportunity to pick from are Mrs. Sigman, Mrs. O, Mrs. Fields, Mr. Buck, Mr. Couling, Mr. Simmons, and Mr. Wilson. Iyla Weeks, one of the coordinators for the event says that she was motivated to plan this event because, “To get students excited and want to participate in something fun. Also, I thought it would be a fun way to get back at your favorite teacher.”

Who doesn’t like donuts and hot chocolate? On Tuesday, December 19th, donuts and hot chocolate will be handed out during seminar class. The donuts and hot chocolate event was chosen to provide students with a warm and delicious treat during the holiday season. Savanna Alejandro, Zoe Shultz, TJ Allen, Sydney Marshall, Collin Thompson, and Briley Howell were in charge of organizing this event. When Allen was asked why they chose to do donuts and hot chocolate, he stated, “I think the main reason was to give the students and staff something to celebrate. School is challenging, and we’re about to reach the halfway point and it’s an accomplishment that I think should be celebrated.“

Are you a fan of movies? What about Christmas movies? On Wednesday, December 20th in the gym, the movie screening of Elf will take place in the gymnasium during the last two hours of the school day. The movie will be projected onto a large screen, creating a cinema-like experience for students. Popcorn will be provided for students to enjoy during the movie, and the snack cart will also be available for additional snacks and drinks. Students are encouraged to bring their blankets to make themselves comfortable and create a cozy atmosphere. It’s a perfect opportunity to relax and enjoy a holiday movie with friends.

Do you and your friends like to play dodgeball? The dodgeball game will be a thrilling competition between teams of students. Each team will consist of 6 players and the game will follow official dodgeball rules. Students can form their teams with their friends or join a team that is looking for players. The game will be held in the gymnasium at 12:45, with a lively atmosphere and cheering spectators. This event will be held on Thursday, December 21st. Zayden Sweets says “I think it would be a fun experience for everyone.”

With a week full of festive activities, there is no better way to get into the holiday spirit than by participating in these fun events. Whether it’s pieing your favorite teacher, enjoying donuts and hot chocolate, watching a holiday movie, or competing in a dodgeball game, there is something for everyone. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to create lasting memories and celebrate the holiday season with your classmates.