• This Thursday is the seniors' last day!
  • Graduation is this Sunday, May 19th!
  • Good luck to all spring sports this week at their meets and games.
  • Attendance matters: as the weather improves, keep coming to school so that you don't fall behind.
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Senior Spotlight: Rylee Sinden
May 15, 2024

As our seniors approach the end of their high school years, we shine our spotlight on one of Concord High School’s most extraordinary seniors,...

Students before the scavenger hunt began.
Moore Math Competition At Albion College
Lucy Otto, Staff Writer • May 14, 2024

On Friday the 10th, a mix of sixteen freshmen and sophomores went to Albion College to compete in a math competition. Concord has been going...

The senior class who attended with their dates.
Prom 2024: An Enchanted Evening
Julia Stevens, Staff Writer • May 9, 2024

Prom 2024 an exciting night for many; on May 4th, the junior class put together an enchanted evening for themselves and the senior class. It...

Halloween (Tuesday) Fun Friday!

Jenell Alvarez
Mrs. Reed’s class plays Stacking Chips.

Concord High School celebrated Halloween and the end of the month on Tuesday with various activities. The whole school had fun participating in options scattered throughout the building.

Iyla Weeks and Danielle Fritz won the costume contest NHS held. Austin Bradly placed second dressed as a karate kid, while Weeks and Fritz dressed as matching race car drivers from the movie Talladega Nights.

The most popular activity was the Co-Ed Volleyball tournament sponsored by the Junior Class/Iyla Weeks, a fundraiser for the Junior class. Students signed up to play in the game, which they had to pay to participate in. Those who didn’t pay but still wanted to be part of the game were allowed to be spectators and sit on the bleachers and watch. The team names were Buttercups, Ball Beaters, YellowJackets, and The Dowgs. 

The team winners of the game were the Ball Beaters. Teammates included Carter Arbuckle, Danielle Fritz, Iyla Weeks, Dustin Hamilton, Levi Raymond, and Andrew Uncapher. 

Raymond mentioned how he feels about the tournament. He explained, “I feel like we’re winning this with no problem. I’m very confident we got Iyla Weeks, and we got Dustin. We bond as a team together.”

The opposing team was the Buttercups, and when asked if they would win, Gabriella Herzberg said, “Oh yeah, we are winning. We haven’t played yet, but I think we will win because my team is always on the net, always.” 

Savannah Smith mentioned what she did for Ms. Mattson’s activity. She says, “We’re doing a Halloween Scavenger Hunt around the neighborhood. I’m partnered with a few of my friends, and we are just making routes and getting ready to start.

A few teachers played movies for students who preferred to sit and watch movies rather than move around; one example was Ms. Fields, with only three students in her class. Other teachers had board games and different activities, like Smash Bros, card games, etc.

Students enjoyed the special day. When asked what they thought about the event, Emily Smith mentioned how important it was to have a break from work. She says, “I think it was beneficial for the students stressing about school work. I see this day as a relief from burnout and help students take a step back and have fun. Plus, breaks can allow you to pursue other interests and engage in activities that bring you joy. Remember, balance is key!”