• State track meet June 1st. Good luck to all our athletes.
  • District baseball and softball games at CHS on 5/31.
  • Food trucks coming out on May 30th for the Maymester.
  • Exams are on June 3rd through the 6th.
  • June 6th, the last day of school, is a 1/2 day.
  • Are you signed up for summer school?
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Tyler Rundle not doing school work.
Staying focused and overcoming the last stretch of the school year
Connor Stevens, Staff Writer • May 29, 2024

The end of the school year is approaching quickly, and many students around Concord hope to finish the year strong with their academics. As we...

Seniors during the ceremony
Baseball: Senior Night
Riley Aiken, Staff Writer • May 28, 2024

The atmosphere was electric at Concord High School's baseball field as the community gathered to honor the senior players in their final home...

Softball: Senior Night
Softball: Senior Night
Jenell Alvarez, Staff Writer • May 24, 2024

On Thursday, May 24, the softball team played against Michigan Center. The girls cheered on their teammates, almost being heard from a mile away! Despite...

It’s spirit week at Concord High School!

Classes compete for spirit week points.
Students dressed up for purple and gold day!

It’s homecoming week at Concord High School! This week was very exciting for the students and staff of Concord. Class points were a total of dress-up points, seminar games, pep assembly points, and best float points.

During the week, there were dress-up days every day. Monday was Music Monday, Tuesday was Rhyme without Reason, Wednesday was Barbecue Dad vs. Soccer Mom, Thursday was Jersey vs. Jersey Shore, and Friday was Purple and Gold. 

Senior Briley Howell dressed up with Taylor Cole for rhyme without reason. They dressed as Slim Shady and Young Gravy. Howell dressed as Young Gravy. “I liked seeing everyone’s ideas for rhyme without reason,” Howell shares. 

On Monday and Tuesday during seminar, grades were split up to play different games. On Monday, the Sophomore and Senior classes participated in group games in the gym, and the Freshman and Junior class participated in many different Minute-to-Win-it games. Each grade fought hard to earn points for their class. 

Junior Pyper Norris shares,  “There was a lot more participation compared to the lunchtime games, and I felt like they were more fun.” 

At the end of the week, anticipation built up to find out who won Spirit Week. In last place was the Freshman class. In third place were the sophomores. Taking second place wasthe Junior class. And lastly, taking first place were the seniors. Thank you to everyone who helped make this week possible. We appreciate our class advisors, Mrs. Otto, Mrs. Snyder, Mr. and Mrs. Couling, and Mrs. Sinden for helping this week, along with any other parents who helped.