• Congratulations to the boys' basketball team for their Big Eight Championship. They play their first game of districts at home on Wednesday!
  • Girls' basketball plays on Tuesday at Springport, it is a big game for them, so come support! Their senior night is also this Thursday at home.
  • Good luck to Collin Thompson on Friday as he competes in the wrestling state championship at Ford Field!
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Downtown Albion, Michigan
Downtown Albion: The growth continues
Savanna Payne, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

About 15-20 minutes north-west of Concord is the charming city of Albion, Michigan. Albion originally became a village in 1855 but was named...

Photo from one of Pyper Norris trips. (Courtesy of Pyper Norris)
Spring break destinations and recommendations
Julia Stevens, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

Spring break is coming up quickly, and to prepare many families are deciding where to travel. This can sometimes be difficult with all the amazing...

Are girls teams getting the same support as boys teams?
Are girls' teams getting the same support as boys' teams?
Jenell Alvarez, Staff Writer • February 22, 2024

The question of fairness between girls' and boys' sports is an ongoing issue. Title IX, enacted on June 23, 1972, is a US law that says no one...

It’s spirit week at Concord High School!

Classes compete for spirit week points.
Students dressed up for purple and gold day!

It’s homecoming week at Concord High School! This week was very exciting for the students and staff of Concord. Class points were a total of dress-up points, seminar games, pep assembly points, and best float points.

During the week, there were dress-up days every day. Monday was Music Monday, Tuesday was Rhyme without Reason, Wednesday was Barbecue Dad vs. Soccer Mom, Thursday was Jersey vs. Jersey Shore, and Friday was Purple and Gold. 

Senior Briley Howell dressed up with Taylor Cole for rhyme without reason. They dressed as Slim Shady and Young Gravy. Howell dressed as Young Gravy. “I liked seeing everyone’s ideas for rhyme without reason,” Howell shares. 

On Monday and Tuesday during seminar, grades were split up to play different games. On Monday, the Sophomore and Senior classes participated in group games in the gym, and the Freshman and Junior class participated in many different Minute-to-Win-it games. Each grade fought hard to earn points for their class. 

Junior Pyper Norris shares,  “There was a lot more participation compared to the lunchtime games, and I felt like they were more fun.” 

At the end of the week, anticipation built up to find out who won Spirit Week. In last place was the Freshman class. In third place were the sophomores. Taking second place wasthe Junior class. And lastly, taking first place were the seniors. Thank you to everyone who helped make this week possible. We appreciate our class advisors, Mrs. Otto, Mrs. Snyder, Mr. and Mrs. Couling, and Mrs. Sinden for helping this week, along with any other parents who helped.