• This Thursday is the seniors' last day!
  • Graduation is this Sunday, May 19th!
  • Good luck to all spring sports this week at their meets and games.
  • Attendance matters: as the weather improves, keep coming to school so that you don't fall behind.
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

’70s Disco Homecoming Dance

Concord High Schools’ 2023 Homecoming Dance
Savanna Payne
Chriss Adams serves as dance DJ.
CHS teachers Emma Sigman and Brianne Fiero show off their Tik Tok dancing skills.

The students of Concord High School took a blast to the past for their ‘70s disco-themed Homecoming Dance put on by the Student Council. After the fantastic win against the Morenci Bulldogs, students headed into the school and brought out their amazing dance moves, and left it all out on the dance floor.

Senior council member Aidan Grandy volunteered to plan and be in charge of the dance. Out of all the musical decades the Student Council could have chosen for the dance, ‘70s Disco seemed like a no-brainer. Grandy says that the main reason behind choosing ‘70s Disco was because “it was the Senior class’s float theme, and it just seemed like a really fun idea.” He also explains that it would add more opportunities to use bright colors.

The dance was decorated with hanging disco balls and balloons. There were also shiny streamers hung in the doorway. Volunteer, CHS dad, and school board member Mr. Chriss Adams was a phenomenal DJ and played all the right songs. Pizza, chips, and drinks were served as well with Mrs. Cristin Woolworth volunteering. 

Junior Aniya Mosely shares what she enjoyed most about the dance: “I liked how everyone was getting along and having fun while dancing.” She also explains that she enjoyed how everyone put aside their drama and came together to have an amazing night.

Exchange student Bernado Boniati explains his feelings regarding his new American experience: “The dance was very crazy and fun, which made it very enjoyable.” Along with Mosely, he also loved how everyone was getting along.

Thank you to all who helped with this dance and a special thank you to our incredible Student Council adviser, Mrs. Osterhout! This would not have been possible without you.