• This Thursday is the seniors' last day!
  • Graduation is this Sunday, May 19th!
  • Good luck to all spring sports this week at their meets and games.
  • Attendance matters: as the weather improves, keep coming to school so that you don't fall behind.
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

The parade is back in town

Riley Aiken
The parade just getting started

The Homecoming parade is rolling through once again, and it’s as big as ever! The parade went down Main Street starting at 5:30 on October 6. There were all sorts of floats, the Homecoming court, and candy being tossed to the people enjoying the parade as well as plenty more.

There were a wide variety of floats going through the parade. To list a few, there were the sports floats, the floats from each grade and a theme for the grades to follow. The overall theme is music during different eras, the Seniors went with the 1970s, the Juniors picked the 1980s, Sophomores chose the 2000s, and the Freshman opted for 2010s.

After the parade, the floats were pulled back to the school, where it was decided this year the Sophomores pulled through, winning the competition with their amazing craftsmanship and hardworking attitudes. 

The impressive minds behind float building here at Concord come in all grades. Nolan Matson, when being asked what the environment is like at float building says, “I think it’s just kind of fun and a good environment where we can mess around together, that, and I love the free pizza.”

Grace Thorrez, a junior, comments on her favorite part of float building, stating that, “Probably building the float while also learning about teamwork, responsibilities, and time management” were all around her favorite parts.

Freshman Dakota Hamilton says, “I take pride in knowing I helped with the float, especially since I’m walking with it during the parade.” Hamilton walked with fellow students Tammy DeRosset, Keaton Smith, Avery Arbuckle, and Haley Stimer.

The community of Concord is just as involved as the students, especially with the parade. Without the people and families of Concord coming out and experiencing the parade, it would feel lackluster and dull. All the hard work and determination that each student puts into their floats and performance would go to complete waste without the people of Concord coming together to watch the parade.

They don’t just watch the parade, the community gets involved with the parade itself and had a trailer of their own pulled through with everyone else. This was the CHS Athletic team’s trailer that celebrated 50 years in the Big Eight conference.