• State track meet June 1st. Good luck to all our athletes.
  • District baseball and softball games at CHS on 5/31.
  • Food trucks coming out on May 30th for the Maymester.
  • Exams are on June 3rd through the 6th.
  • June 6th, the last day of school, is a 1/2 day.
  • Are you signed up for summer school?
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Tyler Rundle not doing school work.
Staying focused and overcoming the last stretch of the school year
Connor Stevens, Staff Writer • May 29, 2024

The end of the school year is approaching quickly, and many students around Concord hope to finish the year strong with their academics. As we...

Seniors during the ceremony
Baseball: Senior Night
Riley Aiken, Staff Writer • May 28, 2024

The atmosphere was electric at Concord High School's baseball field as the community gathered to honor the senior players in their final home...

Softball: Senior Night
Softball: Senior Night
Jenell Alvarez, Staff Writer • May 24, 2024

On Thursday, May 24, the softball team played against Michigan Center. The girls cheered on their teammates, almost being heard from a mile away! Despite...

Softball: Senior Night

Jenell Alvarez

On Thursday, May 24, the softball team played against Michigan Center. The girls cheered on their teammates, almost being heard from a mile away!

Despite the girls’ best efforts, they faced tough competition and unfortunately lost both games. In the first game, the score was 5-12; in the second, it was 3-14. 

Riley Adams showcased her skills on the mound, pitching exceptionally well during both games. She pitched the entire first game, a seven-ending game, and in the second, she gave the girls a strong start by pitching for half the game.

It was an emotional and memorable night for the seniors as they celebrated their Senior Night. This special event was dedicated to those who had already graduated, and they were honored with gifts and flowers, marking the end of their last season with the team. Coach Buck mentions how emotional it was; he says, “I’ve had these seniors in my room for a while, not just in my room but on my softball team for a few years. It’s hard, and I’m gonna miss them. I was very close to all three of them.”

The softball team took turns giving a speech to the seniors and started crying as they showed their heart-warming side for their caring seniors. Everyone was on their feelings, even Coach Buck, who was trying his best to hold it together. 

Taylor Cole remains on the softball team and has started playing despite being injured for the whole season. Her first game was last Tuesday against Springport. When asked how it felt to play finally, Cole said, “It felt surreal, almost like it was the first time I’ve played in years. I was so excited to be on the field again.” 

With Cole finally being able to play again, Coach Buck mentions a few words about her: “I’m super excited that she’s playing again. She’s been at every practice, even while she was injured, and she helps us with the scoreboard. She’s put in her work that you can’t do when you’re injured. And she’s come back, and she’s already hitting 500.”

Kristen Parker was getting scores ready. She was observing the game and seemed excited for the girls to be playing. When asked how she felt about taking scores for the game, she replied, “It was hard at first, but now it’s pretty easy. I’m basically just drawing in circles.”

As the season progresses, our team continues to strive for excellence. With each game, they aim to improve, learn, and grow. The future looks bright for our softball program, and we can’t wait to see what the rest of the season holds.

But don’t miss the excitement! Come support our team in their next game, which will be played on the 31st against Vandercook at Districts. It will start at 4:00 p.m.