• State track meet June 1st. Good luck to all our athletes.
  • District baseball and softball games at CHS on 5/31.
  • Food trucks coming out on May 30th for the Maymester.
  • Exams are on June 3rd through the 6th.
  • June 6th, the last day of school, is a 1/2 day.
  • Are you signed up for summer school?
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Tyler Rundle not doing school work.
Staying focused and overcoming the last stretch of the school year
Connor Stevens, Staff Writer • May 29, 2024

The end of the school year is approaching quickly, and many students around Concord hope to finish the year strong with their academics. As we...

Seniors during the ceremony
Baseball: Senior Night
Riley Aiken, Staff Writer • May 28, 2024

The atmosphere was electric at Concord High School's baseball field as the community gathered to honor the senior players in their final home...

Softball: Senior Night
Softball: Senior Night
Jenell Alvarez, Staff Writer • May 24, 2024

On Thursday, May 24, the softball team played against Michigan Center. The girls cheered on their teammates, almost being heard from a mile away! Despite...

Senior Awards Night

Everyone+listening+to+the+speaker.+
Lucy Otto
Everyone listening to the speaker.

On May 15th, Concord High School had its annual Senior Awards night to celebrate and recognize the commitments and accomplishments of the seniors’ time during the past four years. Throughout the night, students were recognized for their academic and athletic accomplishments, commitment to the Armed Forces, and involvement in various groups. Senior Awards night is also when the local scholarships are publicly revealed.  

Gwen with her achievement and Riley with her scholarship (Lucy Otto)

Riley Adams received multiple awards. Riley’s awards were both academic and athletic in nature. Adams explains how she felt about receiving the awards: “ It feels really good. All the hard work that I have put in has really paid off. Honestly, the athletic ones are some of the ones that I am most proud of because I have worked insanely hard to get athletic scholarships. I was really looking forward to the sportsmanship award. I was excited to get that one.” 

Although Adams is sad to leave Concord, she shares what is exciting for the next part of her life; “Doing the things I love. Animals, I am very passionate about animals. Being able to pursue that in my future educational career.”  Although she is still undecided between two colleges, she will go on to study Marine Biology. 

Tyzjohn receiving one of his scholarships. (Lucy Otto)

Tyzjohn Allen was awarded the Build Albion Bonner Fellowship Program and many others. Allen shares how he felt about receiving the awards: “It felt great being recognized by the school and the people that helped me all these years because high school is hard work… so when you get to the end and you finally get all of your achievements, they recognize you. It feels great because all that hard work has finally paid off.”  

Allen shares what he is going to miss most of all; “ I am going to miss my friends and teachers because they are so awesome and such great people. I love being in the building with these guys because they make it feel like home.” He continues; “I am kind of sad not being able to have such a small school because it is fun and cool to know everybody… It is fun knowing all the names and faces so that I can say ‘hi’, and have memories with everybody.” Allen is undecided on his actual major just yet, but he is looking to study either communications or business at Albion College. He will also be playing football for Albion College.

Mykala receiving one of her many awards. (Lucy Otto)

Mykala Drew won Dr. and Mrs. Keefer’s Memorial Scholarship, the Bruce And Pat Klett Scholarship, and many other academic awards. Drew shares how she felt about receiving the awards: “ I am very thankful and kind of shocked for that many awards.” 

Drew shares what she is most excited about in the next chapters of her life: “ I am excited to meet new people and to start my career path.” She is going into pre-med at Wayne State University. 

Left to right: Riley Adams, Cater Arbuckle, and Madisyn Barrett.  Each of them with their awards. (Lucy Otto)

Madisyn Barrett won many athletic and academic awards. She shares how she felt about receiving the awards: “ I am very proud of myself. I am happy with what I was able to accomplish, and I am surprised at how many awards I got as I did.” She is going to study to become an ultrasound tech. 

Barrett shares some advice for underclassmen: “ Make sure you have plenty of bonds because the more that you have, the more people that you can talk to. Make sure you have connections with your teachers because they are willing to talk and listen about anything. And stay caught up on your work.” 

Congratulations to all of the seniors, and your hard work. Concord wishes you all the best and hopes to see you succeed in the next chapter of your life. As Peter F. Drucker once said: “Any time I have seen someone accomplishing something magnificent, they have been a monomaniac with a mission. A single-minded individual with a passion.”