• State track meet June 1st. Good luck to all our athletes.
  • District baseball and softball games at CHS on 5/31.
  • Food trucks coming out on May 30th for the Maymester.
  • Exams are on June 3rd through the 6th.
  • June 6th, the last day of school, is a 1/2 day.
  • Are you signed up for summer school?
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Tyler Rundle not doing school work.
Staying focused and overcoming the last stretch of the school year
Connor Stevens, Staff Writer • May 29, 2024

The end of the school year is approaching quickly, and many students around Concord hope to finish the year strong with their academics. As we...

Seniors during the ceremony
Baseball: Senior Night
Riley Aiken, Staff Writer • May 28, 2024

The atmosphere was electric at Concord High School's baseball field as the community gathered to honor the senior players in their final home...

Softball: Senior Night
Softball: Senior Night
Jenell Alvarez, Staff Writer • May 24, 2024

On Thursday, May 24, the softball team played against Michigan Center. The girls cheered on their teammates, almost being heard from a mile away! Despite...

Mrs. Fiero’s Environmental Cleanup

Environmental Science students clean up on Earth Day
Mrs. Fiero
3rd Hour Class Clean up.

Earth Day was on Monday, April 22nd. To celebrate, Mrs. Fiero took her third and fourth-hour Environmental Science classes to pick up trash in our community. The students enjoyed spending time outside, while also getting to clean up their community. 

Environmental Science teacher Mrs. Fiero explains that she has been doing the cleanup every Earth Day for three years. She shares, “this was the best weather I have had on this day. It is usually rainy or very chilly.” Over her years doing this project, she explains what inspired her to start this.I started it to add more outdoor time for environmental science. During Covid it was all projects all the time, meaning the students were in front of their screens all day every day. It was super boring. I started doing this event to get out in the community more and away from screens.”

Junior Emily Blackmer cleaning up!

Many students enjoy Environmental Science class because it is an opportunity to receive more hands-on learning experiences. Although Fiero has made many changes over the years to her course, she shares another thing that she hopes to add to the class eventually. “I have not done any conservation corrections yet. There are a ton of invasive species along the Falling Waters trail, and I would love to do a species correction program and bring native species back there. There is a similar spot along the Spring Arbor portion that is really beautiful.”

Junior Emily Blackmer participated in the Earth Day cleanup and shares: “It was really shocking the amount of trash picked up as a whole class around town.” This helped her realize the impact humans have on the environment when they litter. 

Senior Riley Adams is a part of Mrs. Fiero’s fourth hour class and enjoyed going out and cleaning up the town. She explains. “It was fun to go out and support our community. It always makes me feel good to go out and clean up our planet.”

We are so proud of Mrs. Fiero for encouraging her class to clean up the community and reduce litter in our town.

4th hour cleaning up campus.