• Quarter four has officially begun, don't get behind at the start.
  • TESTING WEEK! Keep a positive attitude and try your best! You've got this!
  • Today is Eclipse Day! Protect your eyes with eclipse glasses.
  • Good luck to all our track athletes today!
  • Boys JV baseball plays Bronson on Monday.
  • Varsity Baseball and Softball will play at home on Tuesday vs. Bronson. Golf will be at the Quincy Jamboree, and then in Hillsdale on Wednesday.
  • Thursday baseball and softball take on Columbia Central at home.
  • Saturday will be a round robin tourney at CHS for both baseball and softball!
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Gwendolyn Bulko taking her mock interview
Senior Mock Interviews
Riley Aiken, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024

The seniors are on the verge of graduating and challenging decisions about their future are approaching quickly. The seniors were given mock...

3rd Hour Class Clean up.
Mrs. Fiero's Environmental Cleanup
Rylee Sinden, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024

Earth Day was on Monday, April 22nd. To celebrate, Mrs. Fiero took her third and fourth-hour Environmental Science classes to pick up trash in...

DeTori doing an example with Vincent Simpson and Aryonna Kehle.
A successful career day!
Julia Stevens, Staff Writer • April 23, 2024

On Friday, April 19th, students at CHS had the opportunity to meet with guest speakers who discussed the different types of jobs they have. This...

Senior Spotlight: Emily Smith

Rylee Sinden

In today’s senior spotlight, we spotlight an incredible individual who has impacted her school and community. Meet Emily Smith, a senior who made her mark during high school.

Throughout high school, Smith has demonstrated exceptional dedication and a passion for Band and Cheerleading. Whether excelling in academics or participating in sports, Smith has shown an unwavering commitment to excellence. When asked how extracurricular activities shaped her high school experience, she replied, “I think having done Band and cheer has made my high school experience just that much more fun, and it has taught me that I am capable of doing and experiencing new things.”

Not only has she achieved remarkable academic success, but she has also inspired her peers. Her shy, positive attitude has significantly impacted the school community. Her friends can approve of this statement. Savannah Smith, a friend who regularly hangs out with Emily, shares how their friendship has developed.

She shares, “We met at cheer football season, and that’s where we started talking. She was very quiet and shy unless she was with Jenell. It was kinda hard to talk to her, but honestly, as soon as we started to talk more, we clicked. As time passed, we would hang out and work on our school work; that’s how our friendship developed.”

As Emily prepares for the next chapter of her journey, her future looks incredibly bright and calming. With her determination and passion, there’s no doubt that Smith will continue to achieve great things and make a difference wherever they go. Her band director, Mrs. Johnston, shares her strong determination, saying, “Emily is always willing to learn and grow in this class. She is a fast learner and doesn’t quit in anything she starts. She always helps other band students and is a great performer, along with everybody else.”

When asked what her plans hold, she says, “My future plans after high school are taking a couple of online courses while working and earning money for the college I want to attend, which is Berklee College of Music, and working on my music. The career path that I’m going towards is being a singer/songwriter and producer.”

Smith wants to thank her best friend, Jenell Alvarez, for sticking with her and being her greatest support. She also wants to thank her parents for always believing in her and, of course, her teachers for her guidance and inspiration.

Congratulations, Emily Smith, on a unique yet crazy high school journey. Your dedication and accomplishments have left a mark, and we can’t wait to see what the future holds for you. Best of luck on new adventures, and stop being shy and quiet.