• Quarter four has officially begun, don't get behind at the start.
  • TESTING WEEK! Keep a positive attitude and try your best! You've got this!
  • Today is Eclipse Day! Protect your eyes with eclipse glasses.
  • Good luck to all our track athletes today!
  • Boys JV baseball plays Bronson on Monday.
  • Varsity Baseball and Softball will play at home on Tuesday vs. Bronson. Golf will be at the Quincy Jamboree, and then in Hillsdale on Wednesday.
  • Thursday baseball and softball take on Columbia Central at home.
  • Saturday will be a round robin tourney at CHS for both baseball and softball!
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Gwendolyn Bulko taking her mock interview
Senior Mock Interviews
Riley Aiken, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024

The seniors are on the verge of graduating and challenging decisions about their future are approaching quickly. The seniors were given mock...

3rd Hour Class Clean up.
Mrs. Fiero's Environmental Cleanup
Rylee Sinden, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024

Earth Day was on Monday, April 22nd. To celebrate, Mrs. Fiero took her third and fourth-hour Environmental Science classes to pick up trash in...

DeTori doing an example with Vincent Simpson and Aryonna Kehle.
A successful career day!
Julia Stevens, Staff Writer • April 23, 2024

On Friday, April 19th, students at CHS had the opportunity to meet with guest speakers who discussed the different types of jobs they have. This...

Concord at Consumers Energy

Lucy Otto

Tightening bolts, rewiring wires, and fixing code bugs: 5205 CHS Full Metal Jackets are ready for competition. Consumers Energy invited the Concord Middle and High School students to showcase their robots. Concord gladly accepted the invitation and on February 23, the Concord teams headed to Consumers Energy. 

Dakota Hamilton and Jade Clark having a fun time at Consumers Energy. (Lucy Otto)

Once all the teams and booths were set up, Consumers Energy presented its annual speech. Afterward, CHS Full Metal Jackets went around to look at the booths that were set up. They could ask questions and get swag. They also saw other teams there as well. This allowed them to see what other teams thought about and what they took into consideration with the challenge. With this being some of the student’s first time in robotics, Dakota Hamilton who is in the pit crew, explains how she feels about robotics, “It is fun: it has always seemed like a cool class to me. I also enjoy hanging out with my friends that also take the class.”

At 12:20, they showed off their robot on live TV. They were asked many questions about the robot and the team. They decided to show how the robot moved and tell them what they hoped to accomplish by making

Issac Knash pointing at work that can be fixed. (Lucy Otto)

points. Student Issac Knash, the main builder, talks about what the biggest challenge and accomplishment was for building the robot, “Our biggest accomplishment was getting the robot intake and shooter attached. Pieces did not want to stay together and the chain did not want to go in the correct spot.” 

Mentor and teacher Mr. Simmons, shares why robotics is important, “Robotics is the future, and that is where we are heading. We are looking to move forward with innovations and new creations. It is great for the imagination; no idea is a bad idea.” 

Mr. Simmons and Alex Searles discussing a problem that needs to be fixed. (Lucy Otto)

At the end of the day, Consumers Energy handed out their Best Design Award for high school and middle school. Although Concord High School did not win, they were happy for the Concord Middle School girl team, Barbees 8656.

Brayden Grindell looking at the bottom of the robot. (Lucy Otto)

After a great day at Consumers, CHS Full Metal Jackets went back to work and fixed up any problems they might have noticed with the robot, and are getting ready for competition. Brayden Grindall, builder captain, shares what he wants to see him and his team accomplish, “As long as we can use the intake and shooter to score points that would be great. Also to at least make it to states this year.” 

Student Maddox Hutchinson, programmer captain, also shares what he wants to see him and his team accomplish: “I at least hope we get to states and have 4 good autonomous that can score us points.”

Congratulations to 8656 Barbees and come cheer on the CHS robotics team at the Saturday competition.