• State track meet June 1st. Good luck to all our athletes.
  • District baseball and softball games at CHS on 5/31.
  • Food trucks coming out on May 30th for the Maymester.
  • Exams are on June 3rd through the 6th.
  • June 6th, the last day of school, is a 1/2 day.
  • Are you signed up for summer school?
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Tyler Rundle not doing school work.
Staying focused and overcoming the last stretch of the school year
Connor Stevens, Staff Writer • May 29, 2024

The end of the school year is approaching quickly, and many students around Concord hope to finish the year strong with their academics. As we...

Seniors during the ceremony
Baseball: Senior Night
Riley Aiken, Staff Writer • May 28, 2024

The atmosphere was electric at Concord High School's baseball field as the community gathered to honor the senior players in their final home...

Softball: Senior Night
Softball: Senior Night
Jenell Alvarez, Staff Writer • May 24, 2024

On Thursday, May 24, the softball team played against Michigan Center. The girls cheered on their teammates, almost being heard from a mile away! Despite...

NHS hosts successful blood drive

Connor Stevens
Some of the many NHS students who helped run the blood drive.

The blood drive at Concord has come to an end. There were many wonderful CHS students and teachers who helped with the successful blood drive. Best of all, the overall goal for the NHS was met and was a little bit over.

Mrs. Reed, one of the NHS advisors, shares how the blood drive went. She explains, “I think it went pretty well. We had quite a few people back out, but they were first-time donors so it could be scary… we are having another one in February, so the students who backed out can try again. We had a lot of first-time donors, which was good, and we met our goal.”

The National Honors Society encourages students to sign up for blood drives as they can save up to three lives. If students want to do so they can sign up for the next blood drive, which will be held in February. 

Gwen Bulko, the NHS president, shares the success of the blood drive. She said, “A lot of people were willing to donate, which was great. They got their friends and the community members, so it went well. We also beat our quota. It was 19, and we ended up getting 25, so a big success for the blood drive.”

Although blood drives can be scary, they help a lot of people who are sick and need transfusions. Thank you to everyone who helped run the blood drive and a special thanks to the students, teachers, and community members who donated blood.