• State track meet June 1st. Good luck to all our athletes.
  • District baseball and softball games at CHS on 5/31.
  • Food trucks coming out on May 30th for the Maymester.
  • Exams are on June 3rd through the 6th.
  • June 6th, the last day of school, is a 1/2 day.
  • Are you signed up for summer school?
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Tyler Rundle not doing school work.
Staying focused and overcoming the last stretch of the school year
Connor Stevens, Staff Writer • May 29, 2024

The end of the school year is approaching quickly, and many students around Concord hope to finish the year strong with their academics. As we...

Seniors during the ceremony
Baseball: Senior Night
Riley Aiken, Staff Writer • May 28, 2024

The atmosphere was electric at Concord High School's baseball field as the community gathered to honor the senior players in their final home...

Softball: Senior Night
Softball: Senior Night
Jenell Alvarez, Staff Writer • May 24, 2024

On Thursday, May 24, the softball team played against Michigan Center. The girls cheered on their teammates, almost being heard from a mile away! Despite...

Concord NHS hosts winter blood drive on December 18th

Donations desperately needed
The Q.R code for the upcoming blood drive.

On Monday, December 18th our National Honors Society members will be hosting a blood drive from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the high school gym. Donors need to be between 16 and 17 with a parent permission slip, but if anyone is over 18, they do not need parental permission. Along with the permission slip, donors will also need their driver’s license to donate. 

According to Columbia University Medical Center, they recommend that donors eat breakfast in the morning, along with drinking water, and that donors avoid drinking coffee and any other drinks with caffeine. And finally, get some rest the night before, it is encouraged for teenagers to receive up to 8-10 hours of sleep the night before. 

Gwen Bulko, the National Honors Society president, shares insight about the upcoming blood drive, she states, “This is our 2nd blood drive of the year out of the four total we will have. Blood drives are very beneficial for everyone in our community and county, and we have a lot of community members who come in like Mr. Buck’s dad. It is a great way of giving back for the Christmas season because it gives the gift of life.”

Along with our high school students, we especially encourage our community members to come out and donate blood as well. To do this you can scan the QR code and sign up with the scheduled times available for your donation. The support will be very much appreciated. According to Cedars-Sinai.org, one single blood donation could save up to three lives. There are also additional benefits such as reducing the thickness of your blood, allowing it to flow through the body easier.  So if you have a chance, stop in on the 18th and save a life!