• Congratulations to the boys' basketball team for their Big Eight Championship. They play their first game of districts at home on Wednesday!
  • Girls' basketball plays on Tuesday at Springport, it is a big game for them, so come support! Their senior night is also this Thursday at home.
  • Good luck to Collin Thompson on Friday as he competes in the wrestling state championship at Ford Field!
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Downtown Albion, Michigan
Downtown Albion: The growth continues
Savanna Payne, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

About 15-20 minutes north-west of Concord is the charming city of Albion, Michigan. Albion originally became a village in 1855 but was named...

Photo from one of Pyper Norris trips. (Courtesy of Pyper Norris)
Spring break destinations and recommendations
Julia Stevens, Staff Writer • February 23, 2024

Spring break is coming up quickly, and to prepare many families are deciding where to travel. This can sometimes be difficult with all the amazing...

Are girls teams getting the same support as boys teams?
Are girls' teams getting the same support as boys' teams?
Jenell Alvarez, Staff Writer • February 22, 2024

The question of fairness between girls' and boys' sports is an ongoing issue. Title IX, enacted on June 23, 1972, is a US law that says no one...

November Students Of The Month

Lucy Otto

Concord High School is implementing Student of the Month for November. One student from each grade is selected as a student of the month. This month’s students are freshman Liam Bauman, sophomore Julia Stevens, junior Dustin Hamilton, and senior Gwen Bulko. They are chosen by the teachers in the high school who fill out a Google form choosing whom they believe is the best candidate for the honor.

Liam Bauman

Liam Bauman is the month’s freshman candidate. What motivates him to be his best version of himself is doing fun activities with friends. Bauman shares, “My favorite thing to do in the fall is running with most of my friends.” His overall hobbies are running cross-country, snowmobiling, and fishing. He plans to go to the University of Michigan, but he is still undecided on what he wants to major in. In five years, he wants to continue to get good grades and go to college. 

Julia Stevens

Julia Stevens is the month’s sophomore candidate. “My favorite thing about fall is all of the pretty colors and the pumpkins,” Stevens explains. Her hobbies include photography, reading, and spending time with her family. What keeps Stevens being her best self is the fact that she thinks the better she does now, the better her future will be. She plans on going to college to get a degree in marketing. She also plans on continuing photography. In five years, she hopes to be at the top of her class and enter her third year of college. 

Dustin Hamilton

Dustin Hamilton is the month’s junior candidate. Hamilton enjoys hanging out with friends, golfing, and hunting. Hamilton shares, “My favorite autumn hobbies are golfing, practicing baseball with my friends, and video games with my friends.” What keeps him motivated to be his best self is being a role model for younger kids. He remembers when he was a kid, he used to look up to the older kids when he was in his freshman year. After high school, he plans on going to college and playing professional baseball. In the next five years, go to college and earn a bachelor’s degree in sports management. While doing that, he also hopes to get an internship to gain experience and get a feel for the atmosphere. 

Gwen Bulko

Gwen Bulko is a senior at Concord High School. “ One of my favorite memories is when I was younger, me and my siblings would rake up a bunch of leaves into a pile. We would then run and jump into the leaves. It was a fun time.” Bulko explains. Gwen enjoys skateboarding, reading, writing poetry, gardening, and painting, doing things that make her motivated to be the best version of herself. She plans to study psychology and neuroscience at the University of Michigan after she graduates. In the next five years, she plans to graduate top of her class at Concord, earn her bachelor’s degree, participate in many different community programs, and continue to make a difference in the community. 

Congratulations to this month’s students of the month!