• This week is SENIOR SPIRIT WEEK!
  • Come out and support our spring athletes at home competitions!
  • Attendance matters: as the weather improves, keep coming to school so that you don't fall behind.
  • Prom is this Saturday May 4th!
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

The senior class who attended with their dates.
Prom 2024: An Enchanted Evening
Julia Stevens, Staff Writer • May 9, 2024

Prom 2024 an exciting night for many; on May 4th, the junior class put together an enchanted evening for themselves and the senior class. It...

Senior spirit week
Senior spirit week
Jenell Alvarez, Staff Writer • May 3, 2024

This week, our seniors embarked on a series of special activities, each day bringing them closer to their farewell. These activities, organized...

Zoe Schultz, Cece Barrett, and Riley Adams having a good time in the dugout.
Swing for greatness: Concord softball sweeps Maple Valley
Connor Stevens, Staff Writer • May 2, 2024

On Monday, April 29th, the Lady Jackets softball team hosted Maple Valley for a doubleheader of softball action. The Jackets not only had two...

November Students Of The Month

Lucy Otto

Concord High School is implementing Student of the Month for November. One student from each grade is selected as a student of the month. This month’s students are freshman Liam Bauman, sophomore Julia Stevens, junior Dustin Hamilton, and senior Gwen Bulko. They are chosen by the teachers in the high school who fill out a Google form choosing whom they believe is the best candidate for the honor.

Liam Bauman

Liam Bauman is the month’s freshman candidate. What motivates him to be his best version of himself is doing fun activities with friends. Bauman shares, “My favorite thing to do in the fall is running with most of my friends.” His overall hobbies are running cross-country, snowmobiling, and fishing. He plans to go to the University of Michigan, but he is still undecided on what he wants to major in. In five years, he wants to continue to get good grades and go to college. 

Julia Stevens

Julia Stevens is the month’s sophomore candidate. “My favorite thing about fall is all of the pretty colors and the pumpkins,” Stevens explains. Her hobbies include photography, reading, and spending time with her family. What keeps Stevens being her best self is the fact that she thinks the better she does now, the better her future will be. She plans on going to college to get a degree in marketing. She also plans on continuing photography. In five years, she hopes to be at the top of her class and enter her third year of college. 

Dustin Hamilton

Dustin Hamilton is the month’s junior candidate. Hamilton enjoys hanging out with friends, golfing, and hunting. Hamilton shares, “My favorite autumn hobbies are golfing, practicing baseball with my friends, and video games with my friends.” What keeps him motivated to be his best self is being a role model for younger kids. He remembers when he was a kid, he used to look up to the older kids when he was in his freshman year. After high school, he plans on going to college and playing professional baseball. In the next five years, go to college and earn a bachelor’s degree in sports management. While doing that, he also hopes to get an internship to gain experience and get a feel for the atmosphere. 

Gwen Bulko

Gwen Bulko is a senior at Concord High School. “ One of my favorite memories is when I was younger, me and my siblings would rake up a bunch of leaves into a pile. We would then run and jump into the leaves. It was a fun time.” Bulko explains. Gwen enjoys skateboarding, reading, writing poetry, gardening, and painting, doing things that make her motivated to be the best version of herself. She plans to study psychology and neuroscience at the University of Michigan after she graduates. In the next five years, she plans to graduate top of her class at Concord, earn her bachelor’s degree, participate in many different community programs, and continue to make a difference in the community. 

Congratulations to this month’s students of the month!