• Quarter four has officially begun, don't get behind at the start.
  • TESTING WEEK! Keep a positive attitude and try your best! You've got this!
  • Today is Eclipse Day! Protect your eyes with eclipse glasses.
  • Good luck to all our track athletes today!
  • Boys JV baseball plays Bronson on Monday.
  • Varsity Baseball and Softball will play at home on Tuesday vs. Bronson. Golf will be at the Quincy Jamboree, and then in Hillsdale on Wednesday.
  • Thursday baseball and softball take on Columbia Central at home.
  • Saturday will be a round robin tourney at CHS for both baseball and softball!
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Gwendolyn Bulko taking her mock interview
Senior Mock Interviews
Riley Aiken, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024

The seniors are on the verge of graduating and challenging decisions about their future are approaching quickly. The seniors were given mock...

3rd Hour Class Clean up.
Mrs. Fiero's Environmental Cleanup
Rylee Sinden, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024

Earth Day was on Monday, April 22nd. To celebrate, Mrs. Fiero took her third and fourth-hour Environmental Science classes to pick up trash in...

DeTori doing an example with Vincent Simpson and Aryonna Kehle.
A successful career day!
Julia Stevens, Staff Writer • April 23, 2024

On Friday, April 19th, students at CHS had the opportunity to meet with guest speakers who discussed the different types of jobs they have. This...

A successful season of girls’ cross country

The girls’ cross country team holding their regional trophy! Photo courtesty of Wes Stevens.

As the weather starts to cool down, the Concord girls’ cross-country team remains very hot with the major accomplishments they have achieved this season! The girls’ team has won many meets this year, including receiving a Big 8 championship trophy and a regional championship trophy. They are traveling to Michigan International Speedway and hope to succeed while they are there as well.

The girls’ team has come a long way from last year, from finishing second in the Big 8 conference and 2nd in regionals last year to winning their conference title and a regional title as well, which is a major improvement!

On Monday, the girls’ team traveled to Ella Sharp Park and competed against every team in Jackson County. While no teams are kept for scoring, it’s always fun to come out and race against everybody in the county. Earning all county honors were Haley Stimer, who finished 6th, and Cieara Barrett, who finished in 8th place. Earning honorable mention was senior Riley Adams. It was an overall great race for the girls’ cross-country team.

Freshman Haley Stimer is Concord’s lead runner. She has been all-conference, all-county, and regional champion this year. Stimer shares her personal goals for the upcoming state meet. She says, “I want to be top 20 and get all-state; I want my time to be around 20 minutes as well.”

Cieara Barrett, who earned all-state last year, is looking to repeat it this year. When asked about her goals for the upcoming state meet, Barrett replied: “ I want to be all-state, and run an all-time P.R. under 20.16.”

Senior Riley Adams is the girls’ team captain. She explains the team’s achievements for the season, “We have won the Big 8 conference and also regionals. We had a tie at the end, 44 to 44, and then Julia beat Kalamazoo Hackett’s 6th place runner and we ended up winning regionals.” Adams explains her personal achievements for the season, “I was 22nd in the county and also made all-conference, I finished 9th in the conference.” Adams was asked about the team’s expectations for the upcoming state meet. She says, “I expect us to do our best and not get last in the state meet, and we will definitely improve from last year.”

We wish the girls the best of luck for their upcoming state, at Michigan International Speedway on Saturday. The girls will race at 9:30 a.m. We would like to congratulate the girls for the fantastic season they have had this year!