• This Thursday is the seniors' last day!
  • Graduation is this Sunday, May 19th!
  • Good luck to all spring sports this week at their meets and games.
  • Attendance matters: as the weather improves, keep coming to school so that you don't fall behind.
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Students before the scavenger hunt began.
Moore Math Competition At Albion College
Lucy Otto, Staff Writer • May 14, 2024

On Friday the 10th, a mix of sixteen freshmen and sophomores went to Albion College to compete in a math competition. Concord has been going...

The senior class who attended with their dates.
Prom 2024: An Enchanted Evening
Julia Stevens, Staff Writer • May 9, 2024

Prom 2024 an exciting night for many; on May 4th, the junior class put together an enchanted evening for themselves and the senior class. It...

Senior spirit week
Senior spirit week
Jenell Alvarez, Staff Writer • May 3, 2024

This week, our seniors embarked on a series of special activities, each day bringing them closer to their farewell. These activities, organized...

Senior Spotlight: Owen Kidder

Owen+Kidder
Julia Stevens
Owen Kidder

Here at the Concord Chronicle, we write about many amazing people. This week we will be focusing on Owen Kidder. Kidder gives the school a much more lighthearted and welcoming atmosphere, and he’s a very hard-working young man who has a bright future ahead of him. Kidder has also built an admirable reputation that’s complemented by the supportive and kind people he surrounds himself with.

While being interviewed, Kidder was asked how his high school experience has been so far and he said, “It’s been ok, the teacher and staff are very kind and the facility as a whole is well kept and clean.” He explains how the school itself may not be the most well-known or expensive but even so, he enjoys the time he spends there.

In relation to Kidder’s high school experience, he states, “I’ve definitely matured and over the years gained a lot of professionalism.” Kidder explains how he’s really changed as a person and defined himself as hardworking and respectable, while also enjoying his time during high school.

Kidder has had around four years in high school and within that time he’s been able to get closer with the teachers. One of the teachers that he has formed a strong respect for is Mrs. Colangelo. Colangelo says, “I knew him as a sophomore but had the chance to get to know him better this year.”  Colangelo also respects Kidder as a student and as a person; she knows he’s hardworking as well as truthful. For the interview, Colangelo was asked what impact Kidder’s had on the school and she says, “I think people admire his quiet intelligence, and I hope that spreads to other students.” Owen may not be not very social, yet he understands and effectively works through nearly all the work he’s given.

Beth Kidder, Owen Kidder’s mother, is not only a loving mother who is proud of her son, but also did everything she could to raise him to be as kind. When Beth Kidder was asked what was her son like as a kid she responded, “Owen was always a happy, loving, and funny kid. He made everyone laugh with his stories and the sayings he would come up with. He was always positive and so strong no matter what was happening in his life.” 

Although Kidder isn’t very extroverted, he still has plenty of friends he’s close with. One of his closest friends is Ashton Artis, a senior here at Concord High School. After Artis was interviewed he says, “I’ve known Owen since 6th grade, so for quite a while now.” Artis continues to explain how, “He’s really improved me as a person and motivates me to do better as well as be better.”  Kidder’s supportive nature is obviously inspiring.

Kidder has been going to Career Center for construction and describes his experience: “It’s been good, I’m in construction, which is on site, and it teaches a ton of real-life skills as well as the ability to work in any condition no matter what happens.” He explains how he has learned a lot about how the real world operates and is grateful for all he’s been taught.

As mentioned previously, Kidder has a very bright future that, with the experience from Career Center, he is well prepared for. When asked what he plans on doing after high school he responds, “I either plan to go find a carpentry apprenticeship or go to Jackson College to work in the electrical field.” Although it may sound unpleasant to some, Kidder finds working with his hands and being able to consistently be active one of the best ways to spend his time.

Kidder has been an amazing influence on all the people here at Concord, and we are honored to have him here.

View Comments (2)