• Quarter four has officially begun, don't get behind at the start.
  • TESTING WEEK! Keep a positive attitude and try your best! You've got this!
  • Today is Eclipse Day! Protect your eyes with eclipse glasses.
  • Good luck to all our track athletes today!
  • Boys JV baseball plays Bronson on Monday.
  • Varsity Baseball and Softball will play at home on Tuesday vs. Bronson. Golf will be at the Quincy Jamboree, and then in Hillsdale on Wednesday.
  • Thursday baseball and softball take on Columbia Central at home.
  • Saturday will be a round robin tourney at CHS for both baseball and softball!
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Gwendolyn Bulko taking her mock interview
Senior Mock Interviews
Riley Aiken, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024

The seniors are on the verge of graduating and challenging decisions about their future are approaching quickly. The seniors were given mock...

3rd Hour Class Clean up.
Mrs. Fiero's Environmental Cleanup
Rylee Sinden, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024

Earth Day was on Monday, April 22nd. To celebrate, Mrs. Fiero took her third and fourth-hour Environmental Science classes to pick up trash in...

DeTori doing an example with Vincent Simpson and Aryonna Kehle.
A successful career day!
Julia Stevens, Staff Writer • April 23, 2024

On Friday, April 19th, students at CHS had the opportunity to meet with guest speakers who discussed the different types of jobs they have. This...

Homecoming Football Game, 2023

Varsity Football faces Morenci for Homecoming
Connor Stevens
Concord players on defense during the game.

On Friday, the Yellowjackets hosted Morenci for Homecoming 2023! The wet, windy, and rainy conditions made it a hard night to play football, but the Yellowjackets came out on top with the final score being 52-14.

In the first quarter, the Yellowjackets struck first from senior Collin Thompson with a 35-yard punt return and put Concord on the board first. Shortly after, senior Levi Raymond scored a two-point conversion and ended the first quarter with a score of 8-0.

Moving into the second quarter, it was a 28-yard pass from sophomore Gavin Riske to senior Mekhi Wingfield that added 6 more points to the board. These two have each been breaking records all across the state for 8-man football as well as Concord High School records, one of them being 402 yards thrown against Gobles High School putting Gavin number 9th all-time in Eight-Man Football. Mekhi has also broken many records, including 202 career receptions, which is a state and school record. Following the touchdown from Mekhi, Collin Thompson scored a two-point conversion to bring the score to 22-0, Concord.

Heading into the third quarter, Thompson continued his excellent night with a 40-yard run and a touchdown.  Shortly after, sophomore Tylend Allen had a short run for a two-point conversion. Continuing on through the third quarter,  Levi Raymond scored a 1-yard touchdown for the Yellowjackets, along with Tylend Allen running the ball in for another two-point conversion. The last Yellowjacket touchdown of the night was a 62-yard pass from Gavin Riske to Mekhi Wingfield, who ran it in for a Concord touchdown. Gavin Riske scored the 2-point conversion right after.

Junior Jordan Medellin shared a goal the team has for the remainder of the season, stating, “Just win out and do what we can to make it to the playoffs and finish out strong and enjoy it with the Seniors”. Jordan thought his favorite part of last night was “winning the game, having fun, and being a part of it.”

Senior Carter Arbuckle, who has been improving this season says, “I am working on building myself up to become as strong as possible.” He also has a goal for the remainder of the season: “My goal is to be an all-conference lineman, but also to establish myself as a good leader and role model for younger kids”.

Congrats to the Yellowjackets on the Homecoming win! We wish them the best of luck for the remainder of the season. Be sure to come out and support them as they play at home again next Friday vs. Britton Deerfield.