• Quarter four has officially begun, don't get behind at the start.
  • TESTING WEEK! Keep a positive attitude and try your best! You've got this!
  • Today is Eclipse Day! Protect your eyes with eclipse glasses.
  • Good luck to all our track athletes today!
  • Boys JV baseball plays Bronson on Monday.
  • Varsity Baseball and Softball will play at home on Tuesday vs. Bronson. Golf will be at the Quincy Jamboree, and then in Hillsdale on Wednesday.
  • Thursday baseball and softball take on Columbia Central at home.
  • Saturday will be a round robin tourney at CHS for both baseball and softball!
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Gwendolyn Bulko taking her mock interview
Senior Mock Interviews
Riley Aiken, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024

The seniors are on the verge of graduating and challenging decisions about their future are approaching quickly. The seniors were given mock...

3rd Hour Class Clean up.
Mrs. Fiero's Environmental Cleanup
Rylee Sinden, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024

Earth Day was on Monday, April 22nd. To celebrate, Mrs. Fiero took her third and fourth-hour Environmental Science classes to pick up trash in...

DeTori doing an example with Vincent Simpson and Aryonna Kehle.
A successful career day!
Julia Stevens, Staff Writer • April 23, 2024

On Friday, April 19th, students at CHS had the opportunity to meet with guest speakers who discussed the different types of jobs they have. This...

Homecoming Court 2023

Concord High School announces homecoming court!
Julia Stevens
2023 Homecoming Court

It is Homecoming season once again! Concord High School has chosen the class representatives, and we are proud to present them.

Starting off with the freshmen, their representatives are Carter Yinger and Louise Lamb. Yinger is the son of Kayla Blair and Dylan Yinger. He participates in football and baseball. His hobbies include hanging out with friends. Yinger says, “I am grateful and excited for the chance to be on court.” Lamb is the daughter of Jenny and Jake Lamb. Her favorite classes are biology with  Mrs. Fiero and Art with Mr. Couling. She likes to spend her free time laughing with her friends and dancing around the house. 

This year’s sophomore representatives are Landen Hotchkin and Emma Burbo. Hotchkin is the son of Corina and Stetson Hotchkin. He participates in baseball and spends his free time working on the farm and hanging out with friends. Burbo is the daughter of Jen and Sean Burbo. Burbo is on the varsity girls’ volleyball and basketball teams. Burbo is also a part of student council and MICA volleyball club. Some of her hobbies include baking/cooking, volleyball, hanging out with friends, reading romance books, and listening to music. Burbo shares, “I am excited to be on court and very nervous, but I am happy to dress up nice and represent our class.”

The junior representatives are Lleyton Bauman and Pyper Norris. Bauman is the son of Pamela and Michael Bauman. He is on the varsity cross-country and golf teams. Bauman is also in NHS, student council, and does community service. In his free time, Bauman likes to play video games, hang out with friends, and work out. Norris is the daughter of Bree Horn and Darrell Norris. She participates in two varsity sports: girls’ golf and softball. Norris is also a part of NHS, Student Council, and attends the Career Center for Cosmetology. Her hobbies include shopping, playing golf, and hanging out with friends. Norris shares her feelings about being on court. She says, “I think it will be fun and most people don’t get to experience it, so I think it’s cool I get to experience it.”

The senior class elects five king and queen representatives. These representatives include: Tyzjohn Allen and Rylee Sinden, Aidan Grandy and Savanna Alejandro, Mekhi Wingfield and Ella Woolworth, Collin Thompson and Zoe Schultz, and Ashton Easterwood and Savanna Payne. 

Allen is the son of Toccara and Chris. He is a part of the varsity football team, advanced computer science class, and helps with flag football that the young kids do. Some of his hobbies include: playing poker, and hanging with the boys and Maddi. In the future, he is planning on attending Albion College to play football. Sinden is the daughter of Brianne and Steve Sinden. She participates in varsity volleyball and track. Sinden also participates in MICA volleyball club, 4-H, NHS, student council, and helps run her family’s donut truck. In the future, she looks forward to furthering her education, traveling, and experiencing life to the fullest. Sinden explains, “I am honored and grateful that my classmates have chosen me to represent the senior class.”

Grandy is the son of Kelly Vick. He is the head of public relations for student council and a member of NHS. In his free time, Grandy likes to hang out with his friends, take pictures, and spend time with his family. In the future, he is planning to attend a university to get a bachelor’s degree in nursing. Alejandro is the daughter of Amber Luttenton. She participates in varsity competitive cheer and student council. Her favorite classes include leadership, plant science, and film studies. Alejandro is planning to attend the University of Michigan to pursue a degree in health science. 

Wingfield is the son of Kassandra Wingfield and Mike Scott. Wingfield is on the Varsity basketball, football, and track teams. Something he likes to do is beat Jett Smith in basketball every day. He plans on attending college next year. Woolworth is the daughter of Cristin and Herb Woolworth. Woolworth is student council president, an NHS officer, a part of a youth group, and 4-H. Her favorite classes are Plant Science with Mrs. Colangelo and anything with Mrs. O. In the future Woolworth plans on attending a university where she will complete a bachelor’s degree in animal science and then go to vet school where she will fulfill her dreams of becoming a veterinarian.

Thompson is the son of Rene Brooks and Corey Thompson. He plays on the varsity football team, wrestling team, and track team. Thompson’s hobbies include: lifting, cooking, and playing video games with friends. His future plans are to attend college to play football or go into construction trades. Shultz is the daughter of Rachel and Eric Shultz. She is a part of the softball, volleyball, and competitive cheer teams. Shultz is also an active member of student council. She plans to attend a four-year university to pursue her dream of becoming a nurse.

Easterwood is the son of Amanda and Christopher Easterwood. He is a part of the football, cross country, basketball, and track teams. He is also a member of the summer AAU track team and Indoor AAU track team. His free time is filled with roller skating and coding. After high school Easterwood is planning on attending Albion College. Payne is the daughter of Tricia and Cliff Payne. She has participated in varsity volleyball, varsity basketball, and track throughout her high school career. Payne also participates in NHS, student council and is a staff writer for the Concord Chronicle. In her free time, Payne likes to hang out with friends, attend sporting events, watch movies, and take naps. She plans to attend a four-year university and embrace the college experience, learning all she can as she double majors in business and digital marketing. Payne shares how she feels about being chosen to be on court. She says, “I am very excited to be on court and be able to share the experience with my friends.”

We hope each one of you has an amazing experience while being on court and are excited about everything that is coming up for you. Congratulations Homecoming Court of 2023!