• This week is SENIOR SPIRIT WEEK!
  • Come out and support our spring athletes at home competitions!
  • Attendance matters: as the weather improves, keep coming to school so that you don't fall behind.
  • Prom is this Saturday May 4th!
The Student News Site of Concord High School

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Chronicle

Concord Royalty

Homecoming King and Queen take their thrones
Concord High schools king and queen: Tyzjohn Allen and Rylee Sinden!

Homecoming is a tradition that has gone on for many years. Along with the homecoming tradition of the parade, football game, and dance, comes the highly anticipated identification of Concord High School’s king and queen. The announcement is delivered during half-time of the varsity football game. Seniors determine the representatives of the senior court. Once the seniors choose their representatives, the entire Concord High School student body selects who they wish to see as king and queen. This year’s queen candidates are Rylee Sinden, Savanna Alejandro, Ella Woolworth, Zoe Schultz, and Savanna Payne. This year’s king court candidates are Tyzjohn Allen, Aidan Grandy, Mekhi Wingfield, Ashton Easterwood, and Collin Thompson. 

Unfortunately, after the first half of the game, the rain was coming down, and everyone was huddling under umbrellas. Linda Hernandez, last year’s homecoming queen, returned to reveal this year’s king and queen. While Linda walked back and forth holding a sash above the candidates’  heads, the crowd was anticipating who might be king. She placed the sash around Tyzjohn Allen’s head. He was also handed a football that was signed by the junior varsity and varsity teams. After Allen was announced, the queen candidates stepped out from the umbrellas to the pouring rain. Linda walked back and forth holding a sash above their heads, then placed the sash around Rylee Sinden and handed her a lovely bouquet. The crowd cheered for this year’s Concord’s High School king and queen. 

After his crowning Allen was willing to explain the moment.“Honestly, I was nervous, but this is something that I have been wanting for some time now. I just really soaked it in and realized I am the king,” Allen states as he considers being chosen.  He also explains, “My favorite homecoming moment was getting the win. It’s been a long time since Concord has won on homecoming. It felt good to win the game and get crowned king all in one night. It was amazing!”  

Sinden shared, “ I was really surprised and excited, but it was more exciting before I was crowned. I loved getting to share this experience with some of my closest friends and family.” Rylee also shares her favorite moment about homecoming, “My favorite moment was right after I was crowned. I looked out and all my family was happy.” 

Congratulations to Tyzjohn Allen and Rylee Sinden for being crowned Concord High School’s king and queen. Not even the rain could dampen Concord’s spirits!