Saying goodbye to the school that has been my home

As I prepare to graduate from Concord High School, I want to take a moment to express my gratitude to the school, the teachers, and the staff who have made my time here so memorable. 

I have attended Concord since I was in preschool, and my favorite part was making the connections and memories that I did. I remember walking through the halls of this school as a young child, not having a care in the world. But over time, it grew on me, helping me grow for the outside world. It was here that I made my first few friends, discovered my passions, and that will carry me through life. 

In elementary school, Mariell Bommarito and I would swing on the swings during recess and the boys would always run through playing chicken until one of them would get hurt. Elementary was when kids didn’t care and just did whatever they felt like. I started sports like basketball, soccer, and cheerleading and learned how to work on a team.

In middle school, I got more into sports and made more friendships, and I started softball and did it for three years in middle school and two in high school. My favorite part of softball was learning how to pitch and just making all the connections I did.

As I say goodbye to this school, I want to express my deepest gratitude to the teachers, staff, and fellow students who have made my high school experience so special. Thank you to Mrs. Sigman; you have provided me with a safe and supportive environment in which to learn and grow, and you have shown me what it means to be a compassionate and caring human being. Thank you Mrs. Kelly for pushing me to think critically and creatively, and for inspiring me to pursue my dreams with passion and purpose. Not going to lie: walking into your class at the beginning of the year I was thinking:  “This is not the class for me. I can’t write, and I’ve never even picked up a camera a day in my life.” Then I found out I was pretty good at taking pictures, and I really started to enjoy it.

In the end, I know that this school will always hold a special place in my heart. It has shaped me into the person I am today. As I prepare to leave, I do so with a sense of accomplishment and a sense of hope for the future. I am excited to see what the next chapter of life holds at Albion College. I will be majoring in Environmental Studies and hope to help preserve nature for future generations.   

I will always cherish the memories and experiences I’ve gained during my time here. Thank you, Concord High School, for everything.