Everyone loves a parade

Homecoming parade brings community together

Coach+Jordon+pulls+XC+runners+with+his+brightly+painted+tractor.+

Julia Stevens

Coach Jordon pulls XC runners with his brightly painted tractor.

Julia Stevens, Staff Writer

The crowds lining up, candy being thrown, flashes from cameras, purple and gold everywhere. The annual homecoming parade is here again. Many clubs and classes built floats to pull through the parade this past Friday night. There were floats that had football players, volleyball players, cross-country runners, and many more.

There is a rich tradition here at Concord of building floats every homecoming to pull in the parade and show our school spirit. This year’s theme was Hollywood. The freshmen chose Hollywood studios, sophomores went with the walk of fame, juniors selected “Victorious”, and seniors chose celebrities. There were lockers on one float and an elevator on another, so many other creative ideas all put together for the floats this year. The classes walked by their floats throwing candy all the way to the school.

When all the floats made it back to the school, it was time for the judging to begin. After all the hard work from each class seniors and juniors tied for the win, after them was sophomores, and then freshmen.

The experience of float building is challenging with so many students having athletic practices and competitions last week. Junior Ella Woolworth reports, “I feel like our float came together very well this year.” 

No matter the outcome of the judging, the moments of excitement and community building here at CHS make memories that will last a lifetime.