Boys golf drives to the green

Madisyn Barrett, Staff Writer

The snow has melted, flowers are blooming, the grass is turning green, and sports are coming in full swing. This season the boys’ golf team is striving to win upcoming jamborees.

Mr. Bauman is the coach of the boy team this year, and when asked, “How long have you been coaching boys golf?” He responded, “I started in 2006 and took a few years off, but am now back at it again.”

This season there are two golfers on the team this season one returning and one new. The returning golfer is Alex Grundeman, and the new golfer is a freshman, Lleyton Bauman. When asked “Are you excited to be playing your first year of golf in high school?” Lleyton replies, “Yes I am very excited to play my first year of golf, even though we don’t have a full team.” Lleyton may not have played on an official team, but he has played for fun with his family in the past.

The team’s home course is at the Concord Hills golf course on Pulaski Rd. Normally the team has about 2-3 tournaments a week that range from about 9-18 holes per tournament.

The Concord boys’ golf team has always had a strong history here at Concord and has many awards in our trophy case to show for it. Boys golf has had a strong tradition in the past, and we hope to keep that tradition.

Be sure to stop out at the boys’ tournament at the Springport Jamboree at 4:00 on April 25, 2022